Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #FRB
    Last edited by Highcentered; 12-07-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    My source says Tracker makes their welders sacrifice quality for quantity. Then again this is a guy who specializes in building boats that can survive just about anything. I checked every weld on mine that can be seen and they seem to be fine. Not much slop anywhere. I think my boat will last a long time because I don't drive like an idiot in rough water. Tracker does a lot of things right with their boats that set them apart from the competition in a good way. It could be the welders who don't like how Tracker builds their boats are the ones who refuse to do a quick weld where it doesn't have to be perfect and only really doing it solid where it has to be.
    I'm not one for defending Tracker, but they wouldn't be long in the boat business if they sold shitty boats. As far as the comment about driving like an idiot in rough water, There may or may not be truth to that (I'm not talking about the OP) Different hulls are designed for different conditions. Prior to buying my Lund, I was seriously contemplating Xpress and Sea Ark. I spent about 45 minutes at one of the Chicago boat shows talking to the Sea Ark dealer. Based on my discussion with him, Sea Ark or Xpress would have been fine for about 75% of my fishing. That left 25% up for grabs. Safety trumps all in my book and Lund got my money.

3. Member
    I have had North rivers and thunderjets and they are made like a tanks, they are as heavy as one also. Ranger makes a great boat and I think they have been into the Aluminum market long enough now. I also think mine was a lemon from the beginning. Overall you really don't hear a lot of RT 188s going bad for the number on the water.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

My source says Tracker makes their welders sacrifice quality for quantity. Then again this is a guy who specializes in building boats that can survive just about anything. I checked every weld on mine that can be seen and they seem to be fine. Not much slop anywhere. I think my boat will last a long time because I don't drive like an idiot in rough water. Tracker does a lot of things right with their boats that set them apart from the competition in a good way. It could be the welders who don't like how Tracker builds their boats are the ones who refuse to do a quick weld where it doesn't have to be perfect and only really doing it solid where it has to be.
    And what source is that?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadsolid View Post
    I have had North rivers and thunderjets and they are made like a tanks, they are as heavy as one also. Ranger makes a great boat and I think they have been into the Aluminum market long enough now. I also think mine was a lemon from the beginning. Overall you really don't hear a lot of RT 188s going bad for the number on the water.
    They all have a few bad ones in the batch once in awhile. Thats a given in mass production. At least you are gonna get a new boat and they taking care of it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

They all have a few bad ones in the batch once in awhile. Thats a given in mass production. At least you are gonna get a new boat and they taking care of it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    We traveled south to a few Chicago boat shows and have never seen an Xpress dealer showing boats, i'd like two know what the Sea Ark rep said about the Xpress boats,the X21 which is tad bigger then the Predator and heavier built, with a thicker hull considerably also gets used on the Bass Elite series is a less safe boat? That's kinda funny!
    Last edited by omrobro; 12-08-2018 at 07:36 AM.

The only out of pocket is the hydraulic steering and coin box center council. I did all the De-prep and doing all the prep on the new one so will see if we can swing a deal. Yes it's a serious inconvieniance, all the setup hatch lighting along with pita wire pulling. But they are standing by there product, it was a 2015 and I like the new councils of the 2019s so hope it's holds up.
    You like what on the 2019's?
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

9. Member
    Oh Oh another spelling cop on watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post

Console im assuming. Probly auto correct in action.....
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Oh Oh another spelling cop on watch.
    You got that out of my question? I just did not know what he was talking about.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omrobro View Post
    We traveled south to a few Chicago boat shows and have never seen an Xpress dealer showing boats, i'd like two know what the Sea Ark rep said about the Xpress boats,the X21 which is tad bigger then the Predator and heavier built, with a thicker hull considerably also gets used on the Bass Elite series is a less safe boat? That's kinda funny!
    The closest Xpress dealer to the Chicago area that I know of is in Iowa right across Pool 13. As far as safety, that was based solely on fishing Lake Michigan. For clarification, the Predator that I own is not the current Lund Predator line. My hull is the predecessor to the ProV Bass.

13. Member
    Council (aka: counsel): it is what some folks have to go to when they find out even Ranger has a bad one get by on occasion.

14. Member
    Yes the consoles are much wider and the guages are down lower. It will take a flush mount 12 in. The windshields are smaller and more stronger.

15. Member
    I was never a big tracker fan as the older ones looked poorly built. But they are still on the water and catching fish. I can tell you I have given the newer line a good look and they have really stepped up to the plate. Lunds are great boats so are Express Vexus, and others. Each one has strong points and things I like. I went with Ranger because of how the platform sits in the water while I am fishing. Level no nose up and the most stable while standing on the front sides. That's where 95 % of my time is spent. I didnt buy a speed deamon either. There are many thing about the Ranger that I don't like, rod storage, no pad, price, the the good things outpaced the bad.

16. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    And what source is that?
    Friend of a friend who won't work for a company that makes him weld in a way he wouldn't feel comfortable putting his family in the boat. I mentioned who he's worked for several posts up. It could just be this guy is late 20's and thinks his way of welding is the best way and any other way is inferior. I have fished with him once and I almost went up on the front deck of my friend's boat (he pushed my buddy off the trolling motor of his own boat) and whipped his ass. Couldn't stand his attitude. Only reason my buddy can tolerate him is because he's a lot like his dad and grandpa. All that said, I know my source is a great welder and he's a very caring person in his own way. And I don't have to like him as a person to respect him and he's also a great fisherman as long as he's in less than 10' of water.

All that said, I'd buy a Tracker again. I wonder how many Tracker boats have issues out of every thousand sold? And after watching how weekend warriors run their boats it's made me never want to buy a used boat again. This is why I bought a brand new boat that I could afford and not another higher end used one with hidden issues.

I should have never mentioned what I did earlier in this thread. Some things are best left unknown especially when the person making the post doesn't know the whole story. I'll stick with my "inferior" boat because it's solid and fits my needs. We'll see who has the last laugh 10 years from now. I figure if my Tracker had a bad weld it would have shown itself by now. It's been in some bad rough water but I also know how to drive in rough water to make the boat land soft.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

17. Member
    They all have issues from time to time. I was a shop foreman for Tracker/ Bass Pro. I have seen my fair share of their issues. Ranger and Triton are both made from hand me down Crestliner jigs. They have a contract with them that they cannot use any new designs for six years.

18. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletV View Post
    They all have issues from time to time. I was a shop foreman for Tracker/ Bass Pro. I have seen my fair share of their issues. Ranger and Triton are both made from hand me down Crestliner jigs. They have a contract with them that they cannot use any new designs for six years.
    Would you say the Tracker hulls are welded in a way that they are as strong as possible while still being able to crank out a ton of hulls each week? I understand business and I can understand why Tracker wouldn't want a welder that insists on taking longer than they have to on each boat. Plenty of other tin boat companies that will let that happen but those boats are for a different group of owners. Also, are incompetent welders dealt with promptly at Tracker? I've seen pics of the new 40th anniversary edition with terrible welds. Makes me wonder why they would let a boat with welds that bad make it through QC.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Friend of a friend who won't work for a company that makes him weld in a way he wouldn't feel comfortable putting his family in the boat. I mentioned who he's worked for several posts up. It could just be this guy is late 20's and thinks his way of welding is the best way and any other way is inferior. I have fished with him once and I almost went up on the front deck of my friend's boat (he pushed my buddy off the trolling motor of his own boat) and whipped his ass. Couldn't stand his attitude. Only reason my buddy can tolerate him is because he's a lot like his dad and grandpa. All that said, I know my source is a great welder and he's a very caring person in his own way. And I don't have to like him as a person to respect him and he's also a great fisherman as long as he's in less than 10' of water.

All that said, I'd buy a Tracker again. I wonder how many Tracker boats have issues out of every thousand sold? And after watching how weekend warriors run their boats it's made me never want to buy a used boat again. This is why I bought a brand new boat that I could afford and not another higher end used one with hidden issues.

I should have never mentioned what I did earlier in this thread. Some things are best left unknown especially when the person making the post doesn't know the whole story. I'll stick with my "inferior" boat because it's solid and fits my needs. We'll see who has the last laugh 10 years from now. I figure if my Tracker had a bad weld it would have shown itself by now. It's been in some bad rough water but I also know how to drive in rough water to make the boat land soft.
    No offense but your source isnt much. Sounds like a tool to me if he behaves that way. Typically those sort of peoples opinions are t worth to much but thats just another persons opinion i guess. Lol. Sorry but thag basically means nothing to me.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    No offense but your source isnt much. Sounds like a tool to me if he behaves that way. Typically those sort of peoples opinions are t worth to much but thats just another persons opinion i guess. Lol. Sorry but thag basically means nothing to me.
    Late 20s and knows all there is to known about welding?

Sounds like someone I would not like to work with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast