Bravo xs vs Fury 4

How similar or different does a bravo xs vs fury 4 run? Rpm's, carry a load, speed etc.. I don't have any experience with a 4 blade so I really have nothing to compare them to. I've got a 2018 Z20 with a 250 pro xs 2stroke. I run a fairly heavy load. Not filled to the gills but I'm not hurting for tackle either. My boat seems to run better with a Tempest, but i was looking for something to to carry a load better. I bought a Bravo xs on recommendation from a few people. I spent an entire day playing with set up trying to get this prop to perform the way I thought it should but so far the tempest out performs it in every way. It's much slower out of the hole due to prop slip(and yes I've played with all different vent plug configurations and engine heights), porpoises even more at low speed and is about 4 mph slower at the same rpm. I'm not so worried about the loss of speed.

I guess what my questions are 1) was I wrong in thinking this would help with carrying a load better and eliminate most of the porpoising. 2) Would the fury 4 be any better?
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

2. Member
    Something is wrong if you can't pull stumps out of the lake with a Bravo1 XS 2015-2019 edition.

How many vent holes are in your B1?

3. Banned
    My tempest runs better than my Bravo xs or fury 4 ever did. One thing I didn’t like about the Bravo was that I couldn’t get any kind of bow lift, which it’s not supposed to do, but it made my boat a lot rougher. I sold both 4 blades and went back to the tempest, I’d like to try a fury4 one more time though and experiment 1 more time.

4. Member
    That’s why I wanted the bravo. 8 vent holes. Tried every different plug combo. It had so much prop slip it took 10+ seconds to get on pad even at the height I have my tempest at. My tempest is set low enough it doesn’t hardly blow out coming on pad so I know the motor wasn’t too high.
    Last edited by slim110; 12-04-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

5. Member
    My boat is doing the exact same as yours.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

6. Member
    If y'all were closer you could try my Rev 4. Good hole shot, low speed performance, and bow lift. Carries my Triton well. Have no idea how it would perform on a Nitro or Champion but I like it on my boat for what I want out of a prop.

7. Member
    I’d love to try a couple different props back to back.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

8. Member
    I have a 25 Bravo XS on my 08 Champ 200 Elite w/ Merc 225 Opti Pro XS. Absolutely the best prop for my boat. Hole shot is instant with very little bow rise, midrange will throw you back in your seat, top end 68-70 at 6000 rpm. Struggled for a entire summer with setup until I raised both my Talons.

9. Member
    I have a 26 Bravo 1 xs and a 25 Fury 4. Running a 921 Phoenix Pro xp, with a 250 Mercury Pro xs. Holeshot on both are good. 3 solid plugs on the Bravo and 2 solid on the Fury. Bravo just feels better everywhere. I just can’t pull the Fury and get the rpm’s over about 5600. Bravo will pull nearly 6000. I’m really surprised on the slip at Holeshot. Plug all the holes and see what it does. If it slips then, you’ve got something really wrong. Maybe even a hub slip problem. I get decent bow lift with both, but you don’t want to run a lot of trim on a Phoenix. They start to chine walk if you trim it too much.

Keep playing with vent plugs until your launch rpm is around 3000 to 3500. Make sure your trim is going all the way down as well. 10 second holeshot is awful. PS - I carry way more tackle than I could ever use. To the point of being ridiculous. It’s an addiction, or so my wife tells me.

10. Member
    What pitch are you running on the props? And what are your WOT speeds?
    Last edited by Mgfan58; 12-07-2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Double tap

11. Member
    2018 Z20. 250 proxs. 5900 rpm at top end and only 64. 25p 4 solid plugs is where it came out best. It porpoises super bad until I hit about 45-47 mph. Maybe I’m running it to high? It seems to run best where I have my tempest set at which I think is about 2 1/2 p2p.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

12. Member
    If I run my 26 Bravo 1xs high on take off, it blows out pretty bad, but still comes out of the hole a lot quicker than 10’seconds. I’d try lowering it a bit to see if it improves. I take off at about 16 on my Atlas, not positive of the P2P though, and run around 18 or 19. I really need to get under my boat and do some measurements. Just really hard to do in my garage. Boat is parked diagonally and the motor is stuffed in beside a water heater.

I’ve got a Bravo 1 XS 26 on my Bass Cat Eyra, Mercury 250 Pro XS. I ran a Fury 4 25 and Fury 4 26 before. I really like the Bravo 1 XS, got besxny Eyra a lot of lift. I have to run it quite a bit deeper than my Fury 4, Bravo has shorter blades I think. My best hole shot is 4 rear holes fully open and four front holes with the large plugs. No blow out whatsoever and excellent hole shot. Acceleration is excellent on the Bravo, especially mid range.