Garmin UHD worth it?

Currently trying to decide whether to purchase the UHD for down and sidevu. Am running the GT30 and am not that impressed by what I get for down and sidevu currently. I’ve heard mixed reviews and have only seen a handful of screen shots that I can find. Thanks for any help!

2. Member
    What display unit are you running? Iwas less than impressed with my gt30 untill i adjusted the TVG setting to high and it made a huge improvement.

3. Member
    I run a 741xs and 1040xs

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Hell I'm wanting to try out a GT30....im not getting any good returns (what I thought I was gonna get) in shallow water with UHD.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Messing around with it I can see fish (I’m a walleye guy) on open water flats 6-12ft of water and I’m able to target those fish our to about 70ft and see just about everything but I love seeing the little details and I just feel like I’m missing out and was hoping The GT34 would be the answer.

6. Member
    You all care to post some pics. Just got my 2 Echomap Plus 93sv from Gpsstore. Now I gotta decide to invest in UHD or just Livescope and use the second unit at console for mapping only. Keep my Helix 10 megas or sell and buy Gen3.
    BULLET 20xd * MERCURY 250 PRO XS

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer420 View Post
    You all care to post some pics. Just got my 2 Echomap Plus 93sv from Gpsstore. Now I gotta decide to invest in UHD or just Livescope and use the second unit at console for mapping only. Keep my Helix 10 megas or sell and buy Gen3.
    That is what I an facing. Do I get the UHD or just livescope?

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer420 View Post
    You all care to post some pics.
    i have a few right here but probably not enough.....If you have Mega i dont think UHD will change your mind....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=931747
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    I'm not using UHD currently as ordinarily I am in deep water. I could be wrong, but when I was using it it seemed to have a sweet spot for the best images. That was 20-40 ft to the side. That info may be of little help to anyone since the areas I fish generally have long steep banks instead of flat areas of different depths to shoot across. For my use a combo panel that is not available would have been best. That would be a three panel screen with L to R, Left SideVu, ClearVu, then the Right SideVu. I would have made the ClearVu panel small.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I'm not using UHD currently as ordinarily I am in deep water. I could be wrong, but when I was using it it seemed to have a sweet spot for the best images. That was 20-40 ft to the side. That info may be of little help to anyone since the areas I fish generally have long steep banks instead of flat areas of different depths to shoot across. For my use a combo panel that is not available would have been best. That would be a three panel screen with L to R, Left SideVu, ClearVu, then the Right SideVu. I would have made the ClearVu panel small.
    Funny you mentioned the left to right setup with down in the middle as the new AI Lowrance can be set up that way.

11. Member
    Im in the same waters as you. Your right SI is not best for our lakes. But it can be used here and there. I know it wont be probably as good as the helix gen2 I currently have. I dont have to be able to see the scales of the fish. Just be USEFUL all Im wanting :)

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    BULLET 20xd * MERCURY 250 PRO XS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Funny you mentioned the left to right setup with down in the middle as the new AI Lowrance can be set up that way.
    I think they have a hidden spy camera on my boat. I did this way back when I had Lowrance but it took 2 units. Left SI on HDS8. Down and Right SI on HDS10. They've probably paid Google to spy through my phone when I'm usiing AC since the data and WiFi connection both work at the same time. Google knows everything I do.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

13. Member
    images GT-30+GCV-10, GPSMap721xs
    Attached Images Attached Images