G loomis moving baits rods?

I'm about to upgrade some rods. Is the gloomis imx pro worth spending more money on versus the gloomis ex6 series? Talking about a crankbait and spinnerbait Rod? I understand the jig rod and sensitivity, not sure about the moving baits. Appreciate the help.

2. Member
    Whether or not it’s worth it is completely up to you. I will tell you that the IMX Pro line are very well built, wel balanced, sensitive, high quality sticks. My favorite is the IMX Pro 845 CBR. Stellar mid range crankbait rod, ripbaits, spooks, squarebills, lipless, just a super versatile moving bait rod. I haven’t fished any of the E6X but own lots of IMX Pro, GLX, NRX. What I love about G. Loomis rods is the versatility and build quality. I definitely recommend trying out the IMX Pro for reaction baits, you will notice a difference.
    2019 Ranger Z520L Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 stroke

3. Member
    I would stay away from Loomis E6X rods. Better rods out there in that price range.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannie B View Post
    Is the gloomis imx pro worth spending more money on versus the gloomis ex6 series?

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by Dannie B View Post
    Is the gloomis imx pro worth spending more money on versus the gloomis ex6 series?
    I think so!

6. Member
    Imx pro would be worth the money over an e6x imo. But it’s up to you if you need a high end rod for moving baits. I personally use Loomis for contact presentations and dobyns fury or champion for my moving baits.

YES, without a doubt imho, not even close.
    843, 845, 847, and 906 are my favorites... Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

8. Member
    Thanks for all the help everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 by 3 View Post
    Imx pro would be worth the money over an e6x imo. But it’s up to you if you need a high end rod for moving baits. I personally use Loomis for contact presentations and dobyns fury or champion for my moving baits.
    Similar to what I did - I changed from Dobyns Extremes to NRX but still use Dobyns Champion XP Crankbait rods for movers...