2012 Z-7 hooked hull fix????

I have a 2012 Z-7 with a hooked hull, I resently purchaced it used and had very few hours like new. I have discovered the hooked hull after adding a jackplate and trying a few different props and almost no difference in any of the changes. I started looking at all the setups and came across this deal with some having a hooked hull and I checked and sure enough I do to. I'm sure Nitro is not going to do anything from other post I have read. So my question is there anything I can do to overcome this issue? I love the boat and it has less than 50 hours on it so it's worth doing something to fix it. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks Todd

2. Member
    Take it to a fiberglass shop and ask them how bad it is and how much it would cost.
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

3. Member
    Do you have a hull warranty?

4. Member
    I just past the five year point of being able to transfer

5. Member
    Mine has a hooked hull, and it is at nitro right now getting a new hull made for it. I would call customer service and ask them.
    They know this is an issue with these years, just to many of them going back in for repair. I am the original owner so I didn't have an issue getting it fixed.

It sucks the hull only has a lifetime to the original owner!!!

6. Member
    Im waiting to hear back from them, it would b awesome if they took care of it. It's obvious that it's not anything the owners have done it's the way it was made.

7. Member
    Would putting a longer setback on it help at all? Just looking for a way to get a fix if they don't take care of it.

8. Member
    Disagree,
    Unless you didn't get warranty transferred.
    My friend has same boat and issue 2012 Z7. Hull hooked this spring. Bass Pro had him deliver after season in October. He called today and it has new hull underneath now. They removed top cap and replaced everything. It will be delivered to him next week. Also the boat will be for sale as well lol 2012 Nitro with a 2018 Z7 hull and a 2013 150Pro XS(they also replaced) lol to funny but they made it right.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

9. Member
    lol just notced thats him in the above thread!!!!!!!!!!!! What up BB

Teadow
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

10. Member
    What up Teadow!

Zseen, what color boat is it. I actually think I saw your boat at the factory when I toured last Friday... Was it mainly white?
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

12. Member
    Red and black. Was supposed to be at Clinton factory

Ok, that one I did not see... I was at Clinton...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

14. Member
    Has anyone tried to fix the hook in the hull??

15. Member
    i know this is an older post, but I wonder why there was never a class action filed. A problem is a problem and for those that knew about transferring the warranty as a second owner, how does that help you if the hook hull issue popped up in 11 years? Whether it happened in the first year or the 11th, if it's an issue the company should be held accountable. Is this still an issue or did they realize they had to correct the problem? for the latter; it would show they were aware of an issue by the amount of boats they had to correct. I mean, when there is an issue with a car, the companies send out notices for the dealerships to look for it; they would rather fix it before a recall is forced on them.

16. Member
    you would need 50 (rough estimate) affected people working in concert with a single lawyer to force a remedy. The remedy would be for Nitro to replace the hull as described above. the problem would be who is paying the lawyer, which is nobody as the remedy is getting the boat fixed and a lawyer would have a hard time taking 40% of your hull. It's hard to force a "recall" when it is an issue about the boat not going fast enough so it's really not a safety concern.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

17. Member
    The hook is a safety issue. If you do get it set up to get maximum bow lift the downward hook at the transom acts as a brake. If one side gets out of the water by rocking side to side in a wake the other side will be braking and could turn the boat. Mines hooked and out of warranty. If you hear of a class action, let me know.