Question 520L Loss of Steering Wheel Trim and Electronics power

While fishing a tournament yesterday at the end of the day, my Carbon 12 units, all 4 of them turned off and my steering wheel Pro-Trim wouldn’t work. The keypad was working fine and aerators were still working. The G2 cranked up ok, although a little slow, and I made it back to the ramp without any issues. The hand throttle trim worked fine too. I attributed it to the voltage being low in the cranking battery after a day of running the electronics and not running the big engine that much. After charging to 100% overnight, my electronics still won’t come on and the lever trim doesn’t work.
    Any thoughts of what is going on and what to check?

2. Member
    Hydrowave not working either. Jack plate trim lever works fine.

It's possible that you tripped a fuse...there should be a breaker in the driver side storage bin near the front of the boat. Did you check that?

The dealer showed it to me during my walk through.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

4. Member
    Thanks I will need to look for that. Are you talking about the compartment in front of the drivers console? I figured there had to be a fuse affecting the electronics and the trim lever only. I couldn’t find it in the wiring diagram though.

5. Member
    On a Z520L you do not have a separate Fuse panel. There are electronic breakers in the control unit for the keypad which you reset by holding down the appropriate button (the one that is blinking)

If you don't have a blinking light on the keypad I would look for a loose connection under the dash. The Carbons should have individual fuses inline near the units. Also cycle the main breaker on the starboard side of the rigging compartment.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Spook View Post
    Thanks I will need to look for that. Are you talking about the compartment in front of the drivers console? I figured there had to be a fuse affecting the electronics and the trim lever only. I couldn’t find it in the wiring diagram though.
    Yes I am...but it sounds like the 518 and 520 have different breaker set ups.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

7. Member
    I had to remove my BBT mount/plate on my console and I went through all the fuses in the area. I had a blown 10 amp fuse that came off the NMEA hub. That explained why the electronics, trim blinker and Evinrude Icon gauge were affected. They packed a lot of stuff into that area with multiple fuses!

8. Member
    Make sure there is not a wire bare touching a ground. Something blew the fuse or too big a load on just one fuse. Don’t want it to happen again.