Ultrex foot pedal problem

Last week my Ultrex was working great as usual and all of a sudden I could not move the foot pedal. It was like it was froze up but if I put TM on spotlock it would stay on spot, control head moved as it should and foot pedal also moved as it should but I could not steel with my foot. Called MK and they said I could not fix it and it would have to go to shop. I took pedal loose from deck and looked over could not see any problems. Re-installed and have fished twice since then with no issues it worked fine. Dont know why it did that. Today went to the lake again and fished about 4 hours with no problem then foot pedal locked up again. Control head spins freely and pedal moves when head moves. I'm afraid to put to much pressure on pedal and break something. Anybody have any idea whats going on??
    Danny Collier - Evans, GA
    Ranger Z520 / Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Mine did they also a time back. I picked up the remote and used it for a few minutes and then all is fine. Seems as if the remote fixed it for me.

3. Member
    Under the foot part of the footpedal is the sensor board. some background -- the motor is electric steered by placing pressure on the pressure sensors in the sensor board. The more pressure, the faster the motor turns. When the motor turns, the cables move the footpedal for a toe/heal down feeling. If the sensor board goes bad, you cannot put enough pressure on the sensor board to activate the steering module. All the other steering functions will work (spotlock, remote, etc.)
    To fix where you can rely on it, the sensor board will have to be changed out.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    John, Sent you a PM.
    Danny Collier - Evans, GA
    Ranger Z520 / Mercury 250 ProXS

5. Member
    PM answered
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    I’m having the same problem. Not real happy with the concept of figuring out how to get that changed. Will the whole thing have to be removed and shipped somewhere? Or can I get a new board and replace myself?

7. Member
    If it's under warranty, a service center will have to do it to retain the warranty. If outside of warranty, you may be able to do it yourself. The footpedal has to be disassembled in order to install the sensor board.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]