Looking at a 2015 721

I sold my 09 iClass at the beginning of the year and Im ready to get back into another boat. A guy that's close has 2015 721 that looks be in mint condition with a 300XS on it, Bob Hydro JP, HDS9 in dash and HDS7 on bow, stainless steel pkg, paint over gator hyde, padded decks etc...Just curious at how the ride would compare my old boat...I loved the iClass ride for sure...wasn't the fastest on the water at avg of 72-73 but was smooth. He is asking 49.9 for the 721...Is that about the going rate?

Thanks
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    The price is a bit high, but that’s just my opinion. I’m sure there’s an up charge for the 300, but it’s outdated technology now that the 4 strokes are out.

3. Member
    Thanks...I thought it was a little high also, but he said it wasn't the typical 721 options...This is what was listed for it...

Boat has padded front deck and travel cover and stainless steel package upgrade like 921 and 920... also upgraded graph's...with down scan and side scan and nema puck one for GPS...and wired and linked together....tilt steering with trim on wheel and 12inch hydro jack plate with guage on dash and trim switch on wheel....radio / cd player / blue tooth/ keel guard , upgraded winch and fulcrum jack and large bow step and paint over gator hyde and shocks and brakes and led lights and dual CS.... and DBR upgrades to engine and TM Gen II lower unit with 1:75 gears....
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    The one in woodville? It's been for sale for probably around a year. The 721 is awesome in rough water but around the 73 mark you will have to start driving it because it will walk. Hes got it priced pretty high imo.

5. Member
    Yes sir, that's the one. I called the dealership and the motor warranty expired last month and can not be extended....so the search continues! Looking at both the 920 and 721...the guy I bough my iClass from had the 920 and loved it, so Im sort of leaning towards it a little more...
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

6. Member
    Oh wow...no warranty? Yeah, definitely priced on the (very) high side.

I'm not replying to start the same argument over an over again but, I've got a 2014 721 w/ 250 ProXS and dont have to drive it unless I get up around 78 mph. I came out of a skeeter and there is zero comparison in my opinion.

Whether you get a 9 series or the 721, you'll love it.

8. Member
    Yea, the warranty expired and from what Mercury told me, can not be extended...So I crossed that one off the list. There is another 721 that's close to me for 42K and has great electronics, poles, dual console but warranty can only go until July of next yr..I just very leery of not having at least a yr...My iClass kicked 2 rods out of the block my 2nd trip out in it....Yamaha didn't bat an eye and replaced it....
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

9. Member
    Well, if it was a year from now I would probably shoot you a number on my 721. I'm not quite ready yet though

10. Member
    Kry, Im debating on just buying a cheap boat to hold me over until my truck is paid off next yr, and buying something either brand new, or pretty close...Once I get that $650 note out of the way I will be good lol
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

11. Member
    Not a bad plan. Cutting $650 a month would make a boat purchase much easier

12. Member
    I just got into a 17 721 with all the options and then some (12" graphs) for less than the asking price on that boat. Granted mine has the 250, but that still seems pretty steep to me. If you look around and find exactly what you want you can find a better deal for sure
    They aint got hands, set the hook

13. Member
    I have a mint condition 2017 920 pro xp listed on this sight priced right at 50,900. Low hours and a lot of warranty left. Info with listing.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I just got into a 17 721 with all the options and then some (12" graphs) for less than the asking price on that boat. Granted mine has the 250, but that still seems pretty steep to me. If you look around and find exactly what you want you can find a better deal for sure
    Do you mind me asking how much you got into that one for? I found a 2017 721 for 48k with Helix 10 units...
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgunter View Post
    I have a mint condition 2017 920 pro xp listed on this sight priced right at 50,900. Low hours and a lot of warranty left. Info with listing.
    Im trying to find yours now...
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

16. Member
    It is listed with pictures under the Phoenix section. It is in perfect shape and low hours. Smaller front unit that came with it but both work well. Priced accordingly for a possible upgrade. Phone number and email in listing if you have any questions about the boat. I have a new 920 ordered, so need to sell that one.