ASSURING POP UP CAMPER ON A TRUCK

Idrive a 1998 K3500 dually 454 CID. My plan is get a pop up truck camper for my long bed. The truck is more than ready to haul this load but i am a bit scary to assure it on the bed . what is the best way? do i need a torklift system that its attached to the frame or just simply with a snap rings on the bed?
    advise please.

2. Member
    Recommend rubber mat for the bed and torklift tie downs. You don't necessarily need the Fastguns, but I recommend them. Good luck!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Recommend rubber mat for the bed and torklift tie downs. You don't necessarily need the Fastguns, but I recommend them. Good luck!
    What Adam says.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

4. Member
    Mine has rugged spray bedliner. It counts? Also airbags on the bed cause the last owner had a lance hard side camper. I dont need so big and decide to go for a pop up camper just because the size, like to make boondocking on forest roads and also because i am in the limit weight for a new driving license if exceed the 9000 lbs package.

5. Member
    CAM, spray in is nice....and still recommend bed mat and tie downs. Looking at your specs at: https://www.carsdirect.com/1998/chevrolet/k3500/specs You'll have to check your weight for the license you have to make sure you comply.

I think he will be fine on the weight with a pop up camper his payload is 3988 . pop ups don't weigh that much

2009 ELITE 210

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    I think he will be fine on the weight with a pop up camper his payload is 3988 . pop ups don't weigh that much
    Agree.

8. Member
    I use a combination of happy jac and torq lift. I use happyjac on the front and torqlift on the back. I used regular happy jac tie downs then upgrade to the fast gun add on latter. My camper sits on 2x4 as I as well have a fifth wheel for when the family goes.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

9. Member
    Well, no pop up camper is a problem for a long bed dually. In fact i can load two of them on the bed so weight is not an issue. Mi idea is to mount a torklift frame mount and a torklift s9000 chain kit. I assume that the opinions are regarding a hard side truck camper. Also a bedrug on the bed can help.thanks all

10. Member
    the rubber mat will help keep the camper from sliding and putting all of the weight/force on the tie-downs.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com