Live well divider RT178

Does anyone know if these can be purchased anywhere? When I bought my boat there wasn't one in the live well and I am looking to start doing club tournaments and would like to get one before i do.

2. Member
    I bet you can get one from Ranger parts.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    THIS.
    But I have made one before from a Wal-mart plastic cutting board, jig saw and a hole saw.

4. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/OsoCozy-Diape...ER%2BPINS&th=1

Back when live wells were much smaller than they are today we used diaper pins to tell whose fish were who's. We did it that way for years and years. Even with dividers fish can jump over or the dividers can come loose in rough water. If you've ever tried to decide which fish belonged to who you know how big a PITA it is when a drop in divider fails. Truth be told the clips that didn't punch holes or the Glory Bags were what I used when I quit tournament fishing several years ago.

http://www.glorybag.com/App_Content/home.aspx

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post

I thought the same thing but on there website when you go to parts and accessories there is nothing actually listed

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    I thought the same thing but on there website when you go to parts and accessories there is nothing actually listed
    I think you would have to call them. I bought a some parts for my 178 from them that I did not expect them to have like a aluminum mounting plate for the 2 bank charger to mount on and a black console plastic dash with no holes for gauges. Like old goat said you could make one from some 1/4 inch thick cutting board material 12 x 13 1/8 inches is what mine measures with a bunch of 3/4 inch holes.

If you decide to make one, this may be a good choice for material. Sams Club Chef’s Club cutting board.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

8. Member
    My Lund never came with dividers even though the livewell had 3 groves for livewell dividers built in. I just made my own out of thin plastic sheets .

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    My Lund never came with dividers even though the livewell had 3 groves for livewell dividers built in. I just made my own out of thin plastic sheets .
    My Lund has a 60" livewell and came with 2 dividers.
    OP, call Ranger. It's the way business was conducted prior to Al Gore inventing the internet.

10. Member
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I finally got around to calling Ranger to order the divider. Came in today problem is it doesn't fit the livewell. It appears to be a little too small and just falls out of the grooves in walls of the live well. Am I missing a part that I don't kow about or did they send the wrong divider?

11. Member
    No your not missing anything mine measures 12 x 13 1/16 and is cut out off square but slides and stays in

12. Member
    Try the obvious, turn it. If that doesn't work take measurements and call Ranger back. I have to pound the hell out of my 188 to get it inside the groves.

13. Member
    They are going to send me another to see if maybe the wrong one was shipped. But I also went by the ranger dealer and looked at a new one they had on the floor. It looks lie they might have changed the live well design. The new one had much larger grooves that stick much further out than mine. I think that might be the issue.

14. Member
    sorry to ask this like 2 years later... Whatever happened w/ your livewell divider? Did ranger ever send you the right one? i am going through the exact same scenario with my new to me RT188. I didn't come w/ the divider... so i ordered one... Bam! showed up two days later missing inches! LOL! it was too small. I'm trying to get them to send me the right one... but they said they'd have to get back to me - looks like the only have one size (the one i got) for that boat.