Thread: Trim?

Trim?

A buddy has an '02 Merc 90 on an '02 17' Triton which is new to him. We found out he can't get enough of the bow out of the water even with full trim. No porpoising at full trim. What does he do except put a wedge between the transom and the engine? Is there a way to get more trim? What limits it?

I’d be looking at trying different props first.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    +1... though wedges have been used a lot over the years, Mercury is very clear and concise in that they should NOT be installed between the engine and it's mounting surface (or on the engine mounting bolts).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Don't think you are going to get much lift with a 90 on it. Props, setback and engine heights may help though. I would avoid wedges if at all possible. Inspect the pad with a straight edge for hooks
    Mark has prop slip calculator in the prop forum, might be a good idea to use it. Get some number together and give him a call.
    bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=172588
    Last edited by lpugh; 12-06-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh