Banned

Prop repair Vs new prop

I have a mercury 4 blade fury. I had the jackplate a tad too high and because of that one of the tips on one of my blades just chipped off. I lost about two inches of prop off the tip. I was wondering if this is something that can be fixed Vs buying a new one. Also if it’s fixable will it be very strong and preform like a new prop? Also who would be the best for this job. Thanks. I can send pics not sure how to upload on here from my phone.

2. Member
    I believe this an issue with the fury 4 can you get a warranty on it?

Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    I believe this an issue with the fury 4 can you get a warranty on it?
    I bought the boat from a friend. I doubt their is a warranty on it.

5. Member
    It sounds like too much of the blade is missing. Cracks and bad chips on the leading edge can be welded up and be stronger than before but with 2" of the tip gone you will need a new prop. But in the future if you need work done send it to Brian LaCaste in Humma Louisiana (hole shot propeller) he has worked numerous props for me to include welding up cracks and fixing leading edges and some performance mods. I gained 7 mph on a tempest plus.
    Last edited by ANG; 12-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ANG View Post
    It sounds like too much of the blade is missing. Cracks and bad chips on the leading edge can be welded up and be stronger than before but with 2" of the tip gone you will need a new prop. But in the future if you need work done send it to Brian LaCaste in Humma Louisiana (hole shot propeller) he has worked numerous props for me to include welding up cracks and fixing leading edges and some performance mods. I gained 7 mph on a tempest plus.
    over the weekend I threw a fury 3 blade 25 on the boat. I lost 4-5 mph and the hole shot was a dog compared to the 4 blade. Can’t wait to get another 4 blade.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBassmaster View Post
    I have a mercury 4 blade fury. I had the jackplate a tad too high and because of that one of the tips on one of my blades just chipped off. I lost about two inches of prop off the tip. I was wondering if this is something that can be fixed Vs buying a new one. Also if it’s fixable will it be very strong and preform like a new prop? Also who would be the best for this job. Thanks. I can send pics not sure how to upload on here from my phone.
    Interesting, I ran a Fury 4 25 a little high last time out and lost about the same off one blade tip. Ran 76.5 at 6,150 but that may have been after the blade came apart. Bass Cat Lynx with a "296" Pro XS 4S. I put a 25 Fury 3 back on and ran 78.5 at a little lower rpm, around 6,000. Have run the 3-blade Fury to 79.4 with the wind.

To get to the point, I found the Fury 4 to be a dog in every way compared to the Fury 3, and the best speed I got was with a Bravo 28 that I used to run on my Cougar. 80.1 at 6,050 but with a 7-8 second hole waddle. Sp much for 4-stroke torque. I plan to look at the Bravo series in pitches from 26-27, I have been disappointed in the Fury 4's on both of my Bass Cats. I would not be comfortable have the Fury 4 repaired given how easily it disrepaired itself.