Abu Garcia Orr’s Winch 2 problem

My Orra has been acting up the last few times out. When I’m playing fish back to the boat, the anti reverse is slipping, letting out a few feet of line. I’m fishing in cold temps right now, and had this happen wth a brand new Lews Super Duty a few years ago. I took it up to Lews and they said the grease actually doesn’t do well in cold temps and they cleaned most of off the bearing and had me try it out. Never had the issue again. Anyone have this happen? Is it likely a bearing failure, or grease issue?

Wear plus cold...Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

3. Member
    Best place for a replacement bearing?

4. Member
    So, I brought the reel inside and stored it in warmer temps. The anti-reverse worked fine pointing to a lubricant issue. Took apart the reel and found an excess amount of oil present around the AR bearing, wiped oil clean. I've used it several times since and have had some failures when extremely cold, but doing much better.

5. Member

6. Member
    Grease and cold is a bad mix... Pop it out and ultrasonic in some paint thinner/acetone, blow it dry with compressed air, add a drop of spool bearing oil, reassemble.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

7. Member
    Is this the area that needs the grease removed? Had an old revo s reel. Hoping its the same type of set up. Below is pic. Thanks.

Reel.JPG