Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Anywhere you can view the prices yet?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Depends on what angle you are looking at...Maybe Raymarine is 2 years ahead of the curve...

Industries only - QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

Industries only - all-in-one transducer with
    HyperVision (1.2 megahertz) and CHIRP technology to bring a new level of precision imaging to DownVision, SideVision and RealVision 3D
    350 kHz CHIRP sonar for longer range, high-resolution imaging
    CHIRP sonar also operates in the high-frequency 200kHz range for fish targeting

not trying to stir up anything , can you please explain the all in one transducer. Humminbird has been using si/di/2d elements in one transducer since the Onix units came out. Thanks

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Anywhere you can view the prices yet?
    See page 4 through 7. These are the MRP prices for the new Element units coming out first quarter of 2019.

https://bbgmarine.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_ in_description=1&keyword=Raymarine%20Element&inc_s ubcat=0&sort=20a&alpha_filter_id=82&page=4

4. Member
    No worries ntslam - keep the questions coming.

When you say Onyx, you’re referring to the series that was discontinued within 2 years? Just kidding - couldn’t resist.

Raymarine Element transducer Combines HyperVision, DownVision, SideVision, RealVision, and conventional CHIRP sonar channels into one simple installation

That’s...
    * CHIRP 2D
    * Down
    * Side
    * 3D

Hbird doesn’t have 3D
    Hbird doesn’t have quad core processor
    Hbird doesn’t have a $50M U.S. Coast Guard’s Scalable Integrated Navigation Systems 2 (SINS-2) contract

The biggest misunderstanding on BBC is who/what Raymarine is. Right or wrong, Raymarine at its core is a company rooted in saltwater. That said, a lot of sonar and electronics technology applies to both fresh and salt and Raymarine has some compelling technology. Heck, Raymarine even makes Hbirds CHIRP radar for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    not trying to stir up anything , can you please explain the all in one transducer. Humminbird has been using si/di/2d elements in one transducer since the Onix units came out. Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG Marine Electronics View Post
    Pricing seems to be right in line with the market. Looking forward to getting these units in stock. Brian
    take a trade-in?

6. Member
    I have no doubt they will be a good all-around unit, but Raymarine is gonna have to come out with a "wow" moment to make a dent. The processor and hardware is just one piece of the puzzle. I'm not reading an epidemic of processing complaints on the Helix, echoMap, or TI units (Elements competition) so not sure that's really something to tout. The remaining industry only claims are certainly neat, but I don't think it will be enough to steal the market. I do hope Raymarine eventually gets their dance at the freshwater prom. They certainly have the capacity and means.

For me personally who will be in the market within the upcoming months, 3D is the only real standout and I'm not sure it even interests me as a function. The other highlights are really factors for me. That said I will definitely go hands on the demo units before making any decisions.

7. Member
    All valid points. I will say that unless you’ve had your hands on Axiom or anything with a quad core processor, you don’t know what you are missing.

What I think we see in Freshwater is Hbird with 360 and Garmin with forward view (for example) - all very marketable “sexy” features. Raymarine checks the Sonar, down, side and 3D boxes with a very fast and robust operating system. More “blue collar” behind the scenes features that make it all run.

In in the end, consumers have a lot of good choices and I think people opening their minds to at least look at Raymarine could change some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundah View Post
    I have no doubt they will be a good all-around unit, but Raymarine is gonna have to come out with a "wow" moment to make a dent. The processor and hardware is just one piece of the puzzle. I'm not reading an epidemic of processing complaints on the Helix, echoMap, or TI units (Elements competition) so not sure that's really something to tout. The remaining industry only claims are certainly neat, but I don't think it will be enough to steal the market. I do hope Raymarine eventually gets their dance at the freshwater prom. They certainly have the capacity and means.

For me personally who will be in the market within the upcoming months, 3D is the only real standout and I'm not sure it even interests me as a function. The other highlights are really factors for me. That said I will definitely go hands on the demo units before making any decisions.

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Send in a Lowrance for repair after 2 years!
    They will be telling you for 1500 they can upgrade you to the latest and greatest.

Raymarine will repair the units for up to 10 years after the last production date. As new stuff comes out Raymarine will support the units with software update and not just save it for the next model, as long as the units can support it.
    Take the new Axiom, the eS units have the processing power to handle LH3 so it was upgraded and can link to a Axiom. The other units couldn’t handle LH3 and are now legacy units. The are still repairable and great units.

I would hate to buy 2 3k units one stops working and they offer to upgrade the unit, and it’s not compatible with my other unit

9. Member
    There's a lot to like about the Raymarine products. I ran one of the first Axiom's to come out and was very impressed with the speed of the unit, 2D CHIRP sonar and 3D imaging. It appears Raymarine has addressed what I didn't think were strong features of the unit with the release of HyperVision. I can also add the build quality of the Raymarine unit and the cables and connectors provided are second to none.

Competition is a wonderful thing for the consumer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Send in a Lowrance for repair after 2 years!
    They will be telling you for 1500 they can upgrade you to the latest and greatest.

Raymarine will repair the units for up to 10 years after the last production date. As new stuff comes out Raymarine will support the units with software update and not just save it for the next model, as long as the units can support it.
    Take the new Axiom, the eS units have the processing power to handle LH3 so it was upgraded and can link to a Axiom. The other units couldn’t handle LH3 and are now legacy units. The are still repairable and great units.

I would hate to buy 2 3k units one stops working and they offer to upgrade the unit, and it’s not compatible with my other unit
    Definitely good stuff Hickory, but at least for me, My purchase decision will not be based on a potential future failure. I’m more interested in what the product will do for me today versus what the company will do down the road. Also, you can’t guarantee what future updates will bring or support. They may come out with as Jig said, something “sexy” and there’s an obvious chance a legacy unit cannot support it. I’ve owned the other 3 brands and never had to deal with customer service.

Brian nailed it, the competition will really drive innovation. Price, not so much since it’s a luxury market, but cool tech for sure! I’m looking forward to comparing all 4 mid-tier units.

11. Member
    I’m a Raymarine (dragonfly) customer as well! I agree that the build quality is superior!

However, based on my experience, I think Raymarine should not cut corners in accessories. For example, Dragonfly Pro series should have come with (1) screen protector or cover and (2) trolling motor mount accessories, all in one package! Separate orders of these small accessories are not cheap!!!

My recent Garmin order comes with everything, which I like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BBG Marine Electronics View Post
    There's a lot to like about the Raymarine products. I ran one of the first Axiom's to come out and was very impressed with the speed of the unit, 2D CHIRP sonar and 3D imaging. It appears Raymarine has addressed what I didn't think were strong features of the unit with the release of HyperVision. I can also add the build quality of the Raymarine unit and the cables and connectors provided are second to none.

Competition is a wonderful thing for the consumer.

12. Member
    The flipside of your point is why should a customer who wants a dragonfly mounted on his transom have to pay for trolling motor accessories included in the box? Screen protector or cover I can see but manufactures have to be cautious when adding accessories that some customers see as unnecessary added cost.

13. Member
    I think Separating them by selling the accessories alone costs customers MORE! Think about the cost of listing, the cost of shipping and so on.

The flipside of your point is why should a customer who wants a dragonfly mounted on his transom have to pay for trolling motor accessories included in the box? Screen protector or cover I can see but manufactures have to be cautious when adding accessories that some customers see as unnecessary added cost.

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Well one thing about the trolling motor mount is who is really going to use it, I for one is going to use a shield and saver one, better protection and a solid mount.

15. Member
    Sorry, I don’t follow you. Are you saying there is a 3rd party option that’s better? If yes, link please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Well one thing about the trolling motor mount is who is really going to use it, I for one is going to use a shield and saver one, better protection and a solid mount.

16. Member

Depends on what angle you are looking at...Maybe Raymarine is 2 years ahead of the curve...

Industries only - QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

Industries only - all-in-one transducer with
    HyperVision (1.2 megahertz) and CHIRP technology to bring a new level of precision imaging to DownVision, SideVision and RealVision 3D
    350 kHz CHIRP sonar for longer range, high-resolution imaging
    CHIRP sonar also operates in the high-frequency 200kHz range for fish targeting
    It may be nit picking, but they are not the industries only quad core processor.

18. Member
    Who else has a quad core?

Maybe I should rephrase “internal quad core processor”. And for the record, I don’t consider the Simrad NSO evo2 Marine Processor for $3,500 in the realm of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    It may be nit picking, but they are not the industries only quad core processor.
    Last edited by Jig34; 12-12-2018 at 07:32 PM.

You said industies ONLY. Not the only in xxxx price range. Either way the Lowrance live 12 and 16 have a quad core processor. No idea what the new Humminbird solix has, simply because Humminbird never lists those specs.

Key Features

• Large 12-inch SolarMAX™ HD display
    • Our fastest quad-core processor
    • Programmable keys
    • View smartphone data on HDS LIVE with LiveCast™
    • Six-panel splitscreen capability

20. Member
    Is it going to be possible to run split screen 2d and 3d view?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast