New Mercury V-8 motors

Has anyone put a new 300r on a Stroker?

2. Member
    Not yet but saving up now. I think I'll have one late 2019
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

3. Member
    Talked to Kurt a few weeks back and he was going to test a 250. Keep forgetting to call him to see if he ever got time to go run it. Next year I’m between a merc four stroke or a sho. I’m highly leaning towards the sho with Wayne mods

4. Member
    Just keep in mind that Merc hasn't put any new improvements out yet nor has anyone cracked the ecu codes. I was looking at the 400ros/15" mid and thinking that mid with the 300r would be the bom if you could even buy the mid. I guess I need to call Kurt. Send me some Jerky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroker250xs View Post
    Talked to Kurt a few weeks back and he was going to test a 250. Keep forgetting to call him to see if he ever got time to go run it. Next year I’m between a merc four stroke or a sho. I’m highly leaning towards the sho with Wayne mods

5. Member
    I’m not sure that Mercury would sell the parts for the 15” ros 400r to the public. It’s my understanding that is a professional racing motor only. I’m sure the price tag would be outrageous for a clamp and mid from Merc.

6. Member
    I thought Connor moved in that direction but haven't seen anything about it. From what i hear it should be a very impressive combo for sure!!

7. Member
    Some of the Allison guys have and seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    I thought Connor moved in that direction but haven't seen anything about it. From what i hear it should be a very impressive combo for sure!!

8. Member
    Heard Kurt ran one 250r to 96 loaded with a 36 in bravo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbassfla View Post
    Heard Kurt ran one 250r to 96 loaded with a 36 in bravo
    Yes Kurt ran my boat the other day, working on setup and a setback plate for the new 250R , Connor is also running a 250R. Should be a great combo when everything gets dialed in.
    Mark
    STROKER/300X

10. Member
    Can’t wait to see what come out with these motors. First run out 96 isn’t bad with a 250

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Just keep in mind that Merc hasn't put any new improvements out yet nor has anyone cracked the ecu codes. I was looking at the 400ros/15" mid and thinking that mid with the 300r would be the bom if you could even buy the mid. I guess I need to call Kurt. Send me some Jerky.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=946988