Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Have rod will travel View Post
    Rumor has it, Rogers was the problem, calling the shots. Once a player gets too big for his britches, problems are sure to ensue. The inmates cannot run the asylum.
    I don't think Rodgers would have called a run play on 3rd and 10. And he sure as hell wouldn't have gotten rid of Jordy Nelson.

Rumor has it, Rogers was the problem, calling the shots. Once a player gets too big for his britches, problems are sure to ensue. The inmates cannot run the asylum.
    I think he was part of the problem, but who put him in that position?, but you also need some imagination in drawing up the plays called in from the sideline

3. Member
    Good move on GB. Long overdue.

4. Member
    All I can say is WOW I just read 5 pages of non packer fan crap. Good coach blah blah blah is what I read. 1 super bowl in 12 years with a hall of fame QB. Time was up years ago people

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boone2004 View Post
    All I can say is WOW I just read 5 pages of non packer fan crap. Good coach blah blah blah is what I read. 1 super bowl in 12 years with a hall of fame QB. Time was up years ago people
    Absolutely, and I love pool 5A

When the record goes south, something's got to give. Blame usually falls on the head coach or the QB. McCarthy will land on his feet. Not sure about the future of GB. My guess is they will go after a hot OC after the season. Should have a decent draft pick at least.

7. Member
    McCarthy was a good coach but he either got complaciant, reliant on Rodgers' improvising, etc and his scheme was clearly way to redundant for the amount of talent that that team is capable of having. Was just time to move on. He's a good guy and will definitely get a second shot. Just needs to catch up to the league. I know Arians said he would coach the Browns but man Arians would be an amazing hire for GB.

8. Banned
    I imagine there's alot of truth there.

I've been waiting on this day since Favre was there.... McCarthy is long overdue to be out at Green Bay..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boone2004 View Post
    Yeah they just hand out lombardi trophies like candy......1 in 12 is good.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Can't argue with that. Lot of teams wish they had that problem.

12. Member
    Unless you are the Patriots.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I don’t think it that’s good when you’ve had one of the best quarterbacks to ever touch a football at your service. They should at minimum had a few more super bowl appearances..

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    McCarthy was a good coach but he either got complaciant, reliant on Rodgers' improvising,
    You said a mouthful. "Rodgers improvising" is probably a real hurdle for any coach. rodgers is no Favre and never will be. That simple, most people see rodgers as back there making ignorant mistakes play after play. Trying to fill brents shoes

15. robdy72
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I don’t think it that’s good when you’ve had one of the best quarterbacks to ever touch a football at your service. They should at minimum had a few more super bowl appearances..
    I think he did a good job as coach. he can only call the plays, he cant throw the ball or catch it his team has let him down.

16. Member
    What was MM's record when Rodgers was down and MM did not have his coat tails to ride but had to depend on his coaching skills. Nuff said

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    he'll be in Cleveland next year. he done well for the Pack, but it was time for him to go.
    That would be coaching suicide

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    McCarthy was a good coach but he either got complaciant, reliant on Rodgers' improvising, etc and his scheme was clearly way to redundant for the amount of talent that that team is capable of having. Was just time to move on. He's a good guy and will definitely get a second shot. Just needs to catch up to the league. I know Arians said he would coach the Browns but man Arians would be an amazing hire for GB.
    Yeah Arians has openly campaigned for the Cleveland job. Actually said it was the only job he would come back for. A week or so later he doubled down and said he would be open to keeping Williams and Kitchens on as coordinators. Only problem with Arians is his age and health. I think Dorsey already has his guy in mind and may already have a deal done.

I thought they would of fired McCarthy after the season, It's got me wondering being they let him go early if they already have someone in mind.they wouldn't be able to talk to anyone with McCarthy under contract, now they can.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Who’s Rodgers going to blame now when they still don’t win ??
    Aaron Rodgers has blamed everyone but himself. Whoever they hire has got to build a relationship with Rodgers that allows him to use his elite physical talent and improve his attitude and leadership on and off the field.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast