2nd Annual New Year's Day Tournament

Here is the info on the New Year's open on the Harris Chain. 100% payback. $50 a team. Paying 1 place per 7 boats. Hope to see ya there!

623521751.jpg
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    Getting closer. Some great bags have been weighed in the last week or so. Should be fun
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Is this thing still a go? I plan to fish. Just curious of what the response has been.

4. Member
    Still a go. We unexpectedly had 72 boats for the Black Friday Tournament. I don't think New Year's will be quite as big. We are paying 1 place per 7 boats. Should be fun. Might be some bedding fish caught too.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    I will most likely be there. New to Florida and wanting to fins some tournaments and give some money away.

6. Member
    Weather forecast looks great. Hope to see some Florida BBC members there.
    Brad Krone

7. Member
    Anyone know what time the weigh in is?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye299 View Post
    Anyone know what time the weigh in is?
    Nevermind I see it's at 3:00

9. Member
    Thanks to all that fished today. We had 58 boats. Paid 8 places and $580 for big bass which was a solid 9.03 pounder. First place was 24.04 pounds. Second was 21.07 Third was 19.15. The top 8 places were all above 15 pounds. There was absolutely no wind today which hurt the hydrilla bite. Beautiful day, New Year's Day that felt more like May 1st. I fished shallow and caught a ton of males today, nothing over 2 pounds. I did not see 1 bed today. I bet the next full moon will be a big spawn.
    Brad Krone

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    Thanks to all that fished today. We had 58 boats. Paid 8 places and $580 for big bass which was a solid 9.03 pounder. First place was 24.04 pounds. Second was 21.07 Third was 19.15. The top 8 places were all above 15 pounds. There was absolutely no wind today which hurt the hydrilla bite. Beautiful day, New Year's Day that felt more like May 1st. I fished shallow and caught a ton of males today, nothing over 2 pounds. I did not see 1 bed today. I bet the next full moon will be a big spawn.

Do you have the silver and blue basscat?

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Those are nice weights! How did the people that fished Harris do? If you heard of course.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBassmaster View Post
    Do you have the silver and blue basscat?
    Yes, that is me. Fished with my wife. She collected money and recorded weights. I was helping Don with livewell checks.
    Brad Krone

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Those are nice weights! How did the people that fished Harris do? If you heard of course.
    I only heard from one of my buddies that primarily fished open water hydrilla in Harris. He said the lack of wind killed his bite. People were tight lipped on where they caught the big bags, which is understandable considering all the tournaments coming up out there.

My wife and I fished spawning areas on Eustis, Haines Creek and Griffin. We saw and caught nothing but males. No beds but plenty of males moving around.
    Brad Krone

14. Banned
    Yes, that is me. Fished with my wife. She collected money and recorded weights. I was helping Don with livewell checks.
    I was the one in the blue and silver triton. We were putting our boats on the trailer at the same time.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBassmaster View Post
    I was the one in the blue and silver triton. We were putting our boats on the trailer at the same time.
    OK, nice to put a name with a face/boat. I like the color of your Triton. Your Triton looks brand new. How did you do? Hopefully better then me.
    Brad Krone

16. Banned
    OK, nice to put a name with a face/boat. I like the color of your Triton. Your Triton looks brand new. How did you do? Hopefully better then me.
    Well I spent a few days locating bass in some areas . The ones I found were good and luckily not getting beat up on. Tournament day they were not active at all. I saw them on the bottom but they didn’t want to go to the dance with me. :(