Thread: Merc moniter

Merc moniter

Went out today and notices my pressure gauge had frozen and broke. Good reason to go ahead and get a level one merc moniter . My question do you have to worry about these freezing and breaking also and if so what do you do when you fish in cold temps?

No worry. It is all digital. You can daisy chain system link gauges off monitor creating an analog looking panel that is completely digital.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    No worry. It is all digital. You can daisy chain system link gauges off monitor creating an analog looking panel that is completely digital.
    +1. All I have an I fish cold water every year. Trim engine down fully after loading on trailer until all water stops draining. That's all you need to do.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    +1. All I have an I fish cold water every year. Trim engine down fully after loading on trailer until all water stops draining. That's all you need to do.
    Are you saying I can daisy chain off the Mercmonitor to my factory trim gauge and get the same readings as the monitor. I know I will need to buy the digital trim sensor for the monitor to get readings.

5. Member
    No. He's saying you can add a merc monitor, then chain other smart craft gauges off of that. IE smart craft trim gauge. The analog instrument you have depends on the resistance of the analog sender on the tilt tube. You will have to replace that to get the trim reading over to the digital world via the merc monitor.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTimer57 View Post
    No. He's saying you can add a merc monitor, then chain other smart craft gauges off of that. IE smart craft trim gauge. The analog instrument you have depends on the resistance of the analog sender on the tilt tube. You will have to replace that to get the trim reading over to the digital world via the merc monitor.
    So when I install my Mercmonitor if it is hard to see in bright sun I can buy a smart craft digital trim gauge and daisy chain to it. Is that correct Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishon396 View Post
    So when I install my Mercmonitor if it is hard to see in bright sun I can buy a smart craft digital trim gauge and daisy chain to it. Is that correct Thanks
    If you get the level 1 Mercmonitor, there will not be a problem seeing it in bright daylight. The answer to your question is “Yes” as long as you install a digital trim sender at the same time.

Here is a thread when I converted everything over to digital Systemlink gauges. I did the same on the replacement boat as well. I run the MM on a tri-data screen of Water Pressure, RPM and Coolant Temperature. I run a Systemlink trim gauge then just the fuel levels.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ghlight=Analog

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    Thanks for the link and detailed information on the process. There is a lot of the information I need for the installiation and it looks like Rhonda will help with what I need also.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, Rhonda can certainly help you out.

One thing to mention (more to come on this later)- the Eco function has been removed from the MercMonitor Series. It's being replaced with "Active Trim" (additional module required).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Just a reminder: Please review the Forum Announcements and provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor