Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    It's not that I dont like the superformance.. I like them just fine, my x bolt doesn't.
    My T/C Encore in .270 Win doesn’t like them either. Cratered primers and have to pry the brass out with a screwdriver.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    Never had a rifle that didnt love federal premium nosler partitions, far and away the most consistent brand in every rifle and every caliber I have ever shot. Not that they’re all the best, but they’re all among the best. Any other brand and type of ammo has been way more finicky for me. My tikka 7 mm 08 loves federal 140 grain, either partitions or trophy bonded, and thats what im shooting steel with out past hunting ranges, and loves Barnes Vortx TTSX 120 grain which is what Im hunting with. very happy with performance.
    My 22 loves SK+, which is great because it’s pretty inexpensive and performs as well as stuff that cost twice as much. Playing with this out to a little over 300 yards.

3. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    It's funny that some of y'all don't like the Superformance, they shoot great in my 270. I'm getting 1" moa or less at 200 yards with the 130 grain SST's. They also are doing a great job on the hog population around here.
    Same here with my custom Mauser action 30 06 with Nikon Monarch 4-16×50 BDC . Unreal how good the 165gr SST Superformance shoots with this rifle. I have plugged holes out to 658 yds with it just paper shooting.

The wife's Browning micro medallion 7mm08 with a 139gr Superformance will shoot 1" moa at 200yds. Hers doesn't have have a BDC so we've never shot it past 300 and that was a slight hold over.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Same here with my custom Mauser action 30 06 with Nikon Monarch 4-16×50 BDC . Unreal how good the 165gr SST Superformance shoots with this rifle. I have plugged holes out to 658 yds with it just paper shooting.

The wife's Browning micro medallion 7mm08 with a 139gr Superformance will shoot 1" moa at 200yds. Hers doesn't have have a BDC so we've never shot it past 300 and that was a slight hold over.

Man that is a telescope on that ought 6.

5. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Man that is a telescope on that ought 6.
    I like playing around throwing lead and low light situations. I can about shoot Yotes with a half moon.

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    My T/C Encore in .270 Win doesn’t like them either. Cratered primers and have to pry the brass out with a screwdriver.
    Would that be a headspace issue?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    Would that be a headspace issue?
    What he is experiencing are pressure signs. Headspace problems would either cause a case that would not fit into a tight chamber or it would cause cases to rupture or overwork upon firing in a loose chamber.

8. Banned
    Like mentioned in a thread or two above, rifles are like people, some like this and some like that. Never had but one rifle that liked Remington ammo and one that like Federal Prems. Everything else liked and worked with Winchester. Shooting whitetails at 400 yards or less should be simple with factory ammo if you shoot and test your rifle until you find the right brand and weight. The best rifle and bullets in the world will not perform with a scope that ain't worth a plug nickle either. Experience comes with shooting and more shooting. I have been asked many times by many people and most think you can put them on zero in a few minutes but then you make them realize it does not happen that quick. I have shot with people who had custom rifles with custom bullets, etc and they would leave scratching their head. I will say once you find the right bullet, if it is store bought, go buy you a large supply with the same lot number and you eliminate the most of the chances of any variation. Good luck on your choice and wish you the best.

https://dallasreloads.com/

He does all my hog loads.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12