New Threrad Started/ Code 195

Merc 2B087541. 2014 250 Pro XS.

As expert mods have said issue was not water pressure related so I started a new thread. Engine periodically was throwing 195/ Thermostat codes. ELECTED to just change both Thermostats w/ kits/ new gaskets and be done w/ it. At shop no code threw while running on hose. Next day, next trip to lake during warm up, after 4-5 min threw 195 code again w/ 3 audible beeps which really pissed me off. Temp was 125 w/ 4.8 PSI water pressure. Cut engine off for a minute and restarted w/ no alarm showing and did not reoccur rest of long day. After fishing one spot for a couple hours allowed engine to warm 5 min and did not throw code. Thoughts?

If code is not present will it show "in history" when hooked to monitor. I have not cleared any alarms through Merc Monitor but none showing.

Thanks to all,

Bill

2. Member
    You can NOT clear codes through a Mercmonitor.
    The motor is not coming up to temperature quick enough, did you inspect the poppet valve?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    You can NOT clear codes through a Mercmonitor.
    The motor is not coming up to temperature quick enough, did you inspect the poppet valve?
    ^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Thanks guys, no code today all day. it tomorrow will inspect poppet.

I APPRECIATE YOU GUYS!

BILL

Any time I pull my stats and clean them. I flush the block good. If you have dirt in the stats, chances are you will still have more in the block.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Very likely that it did not "cure" itself. More likely that you did not run long enough to set that fault (requires a minimum of 5 minutes at DEAD IDLE (no acceleration).

If you accelerate before 5 minutes: You over-rode the strategy.

I suspect you have debris floating around in the system- likely that you now have it in another thermostat.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Idled twice now on 2 separate trips on warm up for 8 min w/ no acceleration and no alarm. Hope we are good. Thanks you to all especially Don and Savage!
    Last edited by bbbill; 12-08-2018 at 10:14 AM.

8. Member