Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Opinions on Duracell marine batteries?

Regular and AGM opinions from those who have used either. Currently have Trojans but one is bad so gonna replace them. Liking the Duracell prices just not sure which one I want. AGM or regular.

Respectfully i am not interested in other brands and just looking for info on Duracell. Thanks

Bought 4 Duracell AGMs from Sam's last June and they are strong as any. Time will tell on how long they will last. At this point very satisfied with them.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Regular and AGM opinions from those who have used either. Currently have Trojans but one is bad so gonna replace them. Liking the Duracell prices just not sure which one I want. AGM or regular.

Respectfully i am not interested in other brands and just looking for info on Duracell. Thanks
    I think I saw a sams club ad that had $25 off AGM.

I only got a year on my TM deep cycle batteries....but no problems so far. Had a funky reading one time a few months ago...but I had some corrosion on the battery that mightve contributed to that. Aside from that so far so good.

4. Member
    I've got 3 of their AGM's that are 3 years and 9 months old. Still haven't noticed any dropoff yet. Got them from Batteries Plus, would buy them again.

Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    I think I saw a sams club ad that had $25 off AGM.

I only got a year on my TM deep cycle batteries....but no problems so far. Had a funky reading one time a few months ago...but I had some corrosion on the battery that mightve contributed to that. Aside from that so far so good.
    Yeah, that discount has me interested. Had the Trojan crap out last week so I figure I will replace all 3 trolling batteries.

I'm not sure what Duracell does differently than others with their wetcells but they are noticably superior to them. I've been running the Duracell group 31s for the tm for the last 3 or 4 years and they are still going strong which surprises me. I have not tried the AGM Duracells yet but once my batteries plus x2 goes I will get one for a crank battery. My x2 is going on 6 years and I replaced under warranty at year #3.

7. Member
    I have the AGM 31 for starting and 3 wet cell for TM. Very satisfied with them, zero issues.

8. Member
    My story on Duracell 31agm. We had a 2012 Ranger Z118 with a Merc 150 pro xs, 2 HDS 7s. Came from factory with Interstate 27 for a cranking battery. It lasted for two seasons and we started having issues with starting later in the day, so we purchased a Duracell 31 agm in the summer of 2014. In 2016 we ordered a 2016 Z521c with power poles, 2 HDS 12s, absolutely loaded, it came with Interstate 31agm as a cranking battery. When we traded in the Z118 I kept the Duracell 31agm and put it my Skidloader. After the first year we started having starting issues in the new boat so I switched out the Interstate for the used Duracell and we haven’t looked back since, the battery just completed its 5th season and we're finally going to replace it this winter. Just a note that we also added an HDS 9 and it hasn’t made a difference on the battery. Probably going to use it for something else, not to say how long it will last, but we couldn’t be anymore pleased.

Had the sams for 4 years now on cranking. No problems so far. I believe the sams one is different than the batteries plus one.
    Eric Goff
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    model #12500033A
    SB590181

10. Member
    Duracells are made by Deka and the same batteries sold under many "brands" including Napa branded batteries. I have had good results using them personally and Sam's cost wise is usually a lot cheaper than others selling the same battery with different stickers.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I just bought 2 Duracell 27's for TM.....great price...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

12. Member
    Dont own them, but hear good reports around here.
    Praying for a Cure

13. Member
    There are only like 3 battery manufacturers out there these days...most come from the same place just have different brand labels on em

The duracell is good to go
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

14. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I bought 1 starting battery for truck when they first carried Duracells at Sams. Battery lasted 10 months and I had to renew membership to get replacement. I was P ed at that and I had to pay extra $5 because battery went up in price from when I bought Battery. I am not big fan of Sams quarantees. 8 years ago, I bought TV and everyone quaranteed lowest price for 30-90 days. The next week, Samsung lowers all TV $100 -in store rebate everywhere. I went into Sam's with receipt for $100 cash back because of lower price. They wanted me to pack up TV and bring it in for rebate. I kept TV but quit Sams for 2 years. Sams in about 2 miles from house so rejoined.

15. Member
    Just bought two Duracell agm 31's at Sam's. I looked every where for a better price, but couldn't beat the $25 discount from Sam's.

Put 3 new Duracell AGM's in this spring. No complaints. Had Cabela's AGM's prior for 5 years. They were solid as well. One thing to note, those Duracell AGM's are really heavy. More than my previous Cabela's batteries.

17. Member
    I have a Duracell AGM 31 for cranking and two wet cell 29's for the TM. Five years and going strong. Next set will be the same. Batteries are made by East Penn here in Pa.

+1 on the Duracell AGMs for trolling batteries
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Sorry Mark. Here is a copy of what I just posted on another thread but when my interstate goes, I'm buying a Sams Club 31AGM Duracell.

I have a MK440 charger. It charges my 3 lead acid 31 series TM batteries from Sam's club and my 31 series INTERSTATE AGM. I run 2 graphs, 2 live wells and a power pole off the interstate since 2014 with no issues. My onboard charger gets plugged in as soon as I get home from fishing and unplug it the night before.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

20. Member
    4 Sam's 31 series Duracell's in my Basscat Puma/SHO.
    Love them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast