Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Lightbulb find an attorney to stop the spraying... sue the state

Fished a little TX on Orange Lake and WATCHED an airboat spray clear clean water with little water cabbage. You could see four feet down, saw old beds from last year it was so clean.... not now. If this abuse is going to stop it will take legal action. I'm all up for looking for an attorney who will take on and sue the state. There is enough of us on the board that if we all pitch in financially then we could possibly make headway against the racket that involves the spray companies and their good old boy connections in Tallahassee.

Any suggestions how to get something like this started? I won with 10 1\2 pnds and missed a fish that may have been double digits. I caught two tens a few months ago in there and the one that pulled the hook yesterday was just as big. O'well. We got to stop this spraying. I even called the biologist and spoke to him while on the lake and he said the floating plants were getting out of control and I said you have lost your mind.

The # to the office of the biologist is 1-352-726-8622. His name is Robbie and his assistant is Chris. Call and make your self heard because he said at the "townhall meetings" the locals want weed control. I said well you have these meetings on a Tues afternoon in Citra County. Ya think anyone from Jacksonville or Gainsville will make it …. NO WE ARE ALL WORKING AT FIVE O'CLOCK AND ITS A TWO HOUR DRIVE FROM JACKSONVILLE!

By the way, the fishing on Orange sucked. I was the only one with a limit.... They killed all the hydrilla over there, thanks FWC for creating a great fishing environment!
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 12-02-2018 at 10:59 AM.

2. Member
    I have an attorney friend that is a hunter and fisherman. Let me reach out to him and see what he thinks. I was on Orange Lake a few months back and the water looked like diarrhea thanks to the spraying. That lake will end up like Woodruff and Dexter
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 12-02-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    Brad Krone

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    I have an attorney friend that is a hunter and fisherman. Let me reach out to him and see what he thinks.
    10\4, I don't mind donating a couple hundred bucks every few months if we can at least get these guys under control.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’d love to...but it’s expensive taking on the govt! I’ll help in any way I can if your friend is willing to. Yes I’m at attorney.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    I'm in to help as well. My home lake is Okeechobee and I am seeing that massive lake being destroyed. This needs to stop.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I’d love to...but it’s expensive taking on the govt! I’ll help in any way I can if your friend is willing to. Yes I’m at attorney.
    Thanks for your input. Being an attorney, would you please expand on additional expensives it takes to take on the state say as opposed to nongovernment identity? With as many member's we have on this site we should be able to at least get the ball rolling. Could we classify it as a class action lawsuit? Ill work an extra day overtime on the fire dept to help pay. What ever it takes this has to stop. Thanks Casslaw.

7. Banned
    Please all yall out out there please call and bombard the biologiost at
    1-352-726-8622. His name is Robbie and his assistant is Chris. They have these meetings at times and places that most people cant make so they are able to justify there actions of spraying based upon input of retired people who pan fish and would rather put out ten poles speck fishing in open water devoid of vegetation so they don't get hung up. The other issue is home owners buy lake front property and want a white sand beach, well sorry, your in Florida. That swamp bank your looking at (that you bought) is a nursery for all the spawn of many different species. If you don't like it move.

Please call, I gave you the number and name.
    1-352-726-8622. His name is Robbie and his assistant is Chris.

My home is Lake Istokpoga and they have Destroyed what used to be one of the best lakes in the country. It is sprayed almost everyday. And they wonder why there's blue green algae coming from the lakes when there is no weeds to filter! Keep us posted

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
    My home is Lake Istokpoga and they have Destroyed what used to be one of the best lakes in the country. It is sprayed almost everyday. And they wonder why there's blue green algae coming from the lakes when there is no weeds to filter! Keep us posted
    Are you in with helping hiring an attorney? It will take all of us! There is a number I left. Call and tell them how Istapoga went from being ranked in the top 4 lakes by BASS then to 14 and out of the top 100 in as little as 1 1/2 years due to spraying.

1-352-726-8622. His name is Robbie and his assistant is Chris.

10. Member
    I will be calling tomorrow, I fish central Florida for 3-6 weeks every winter and it hurts to see what has been happening over the years.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
    Yea I know, our bass club fished our classic there and it sucked about two years ago. Fished five days and never caught more than a few fish total. Not to "toot" my own horn but I am pretty consistent when it comes to catching these little green fish. Angler of the year prob 6 times in the last few years, fished a tx with 500 boats and have placed 2 nd, 10th, 14th. I only put this out there to validate my frustration and to help people understand I might know a little what I'm talking about. There are guys from here way better then me that I have fished against since I was a kid... 15 years old ( 48 now) and some of them fish or have fished BASS\ Elite series but we are all in the same boat when it comes to fish habitat destruction. (don't want to name names).

Here is something that Donnie Bass shared on FaceBook It is a must read.

THE CORE ISSUE "FINAL CHAPTER"

13. Member
    Very good and true article..

Maybe someone should warn Bass Pro as their first "Bass Pro Tour" is on Lake Toho on the 29th of January.....it will be interesting to see if the spraying stops leading up the the tournament..

There is someone that can help, he has political clout, plenty of money, a POSSIBLE business interest in a healthy lake and is a compassionate conservationist. Johnny Morris (Bass Pro shop) is the person that could get it done. As many of you know he is interested in making a major investment in the Okee-Tantie Campground & Marina, in Okeechobee, FL. The project is stalled until January when he will make a decision or ask for another extension (his second one), costing $100K for the extension. I heard a rumor that the water quality problems recently (alge bloom and red tide) were part of the concern. If he decides to go forward, with this huge project, he is someone that will be listen to.
    Last edited by bassfish1; 12-03-2018 at 06:22 PM.

16. Member
    Spent the weekend on Kissimmee for club classic. Kissimmee itself is turbid, void of submerged vegetation, and spray boats still spraying. Only spatterdock and some kissimmee grass remains. Its now just like Istokpoga. You had to leave the lake to catch fish.

17. Member
    Good idea ^^^

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Fished a little TX on Orange Lake and WATCHED an airboat spray clear clean water with little water cabbage. You could see four feet down, saw old beds from last year it was so clean.... not now. If this abuse is going to stop it will take legal action. I'm all up for looking for an attorney who will take on and sue the state. There is enough of us on the board that if we all pitch in financially then we could possibly make headway against the racket that involves the spray companies and their good old boy connections in Tallahassee.

Any suggestions how to get something like this started? I won with 10 1\2 pnds and missed a fish that may have been double digits. I caught two tens a few months ago in there and the one that pulled the hook yesterday was just as big. O'well. We got to stop this spraying. I even called the biologist and spoke to him while on the lake and he said the floating plants were getting out of control and I said you have lost your mind.

The # to the office of the biologist is 1-352-726-8622. His name is Robbie and his assistant is Chris. Call and make your self heard because he said at the "townhall meetings" the locals want weed control. I said well you have these meetings on a Tues afternoon in Citra County. Ya think anyone from Jacksonville or Gainsville will make it …. NO WE ARE ALL WORKING AT FIVE O'CLOCK AND ITS A TWO HOUR DRIVE FROM JACKSONVILLE!

By the way, the fishing on Orange sucked. I was the only one with a limit.... They killed all the hydrilla over there, thanks FWC for creating a great fishing environment!

Must be all the Yankees down there spraying

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    First, you have to ask most governmental agencies “permission” to sue them as they have immunity from civil law suits. 2nd, they have a VAST network of attorneys available to them that are contributors to campaigns. Hell, Pam Bondi was a State Attorney in Hillsborough County and we are FB friends even though we went against each other many times. Third....they have unlimited resources, OUR tax dollars!

Going against the govt takes a serious amount of money, or someone like John Morgan who spent tens of millions to get the medical marijuana amendment passed!

Political clout, public pressure, media P.R. disaster or someone with a vendetta is how you change the system. I’ve seen so many people attempt things like this then no firm will touch them...they become radioactive. It’s sad really. Until an outdoorsman who wants to put his money up, and get nothing in return, comes along....there is little more we can do than write our local and state representatives demanding change.

Our system is is designed to give the decision makes personal freedom their decisions made on behalf of us all.

Sorry to sound so negative, it comes from being in the system for 16 years now. You can’t help but become jaded at certain points.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Member
    We need to get this on Facebook so a ton of people can see this. So many would chip in. I’ll share it like crazy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast