Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
Was this the same Swiftmud that thought it was a good idea to dig a STRAIGHT canal from Kissimmee to Okeechobee the first time? Then had to go back and make it more “natural” with curves and “stuff” to keep the water from flowing so fast and draining the ‘Glades??

I agree that that they are absolutely needed, but who’s agenda are they following? The environment, Big Sugar, etc? We act as if we know better than Mother Nature and can alter the cycles of high/low water, weeds, fish with no side effects. It’s pompous thinking to me but I’m one opinion in a sea of worthless opinions.

I’m sure weighing all sides before making any decision on their part is hard, and no agency is perfect; I’d just like to see more than lip service being paid to our converservstion ideas.
I understand where you're coming from but the money and people that were cut with the funding didnt make policy. They were the scientists who studied the waterways and the enforcement officials who protected them. They are now enforced with "best management principals".which I come to believe as we hope everyone does the right thing.