Thread: Tua T.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tua T.

Held to a passer rating of 92.3 (season avg. 202.3) vs toughest competition all year. Believe my vote would now go to Murray.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...r/_/id/4241479

Based on the interview he gave before the game, his daddy might be getting the belt out this morning
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

2. Banned
    Not too hard to do playing Mercer, The LA-Lafayette Ragin' Cajun, Arkansas St. and The Citadel... Not to mention L-ville and mighty Arkansas... Dan

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Not too hard to do playing Mercer, The LA-Lafayette Ragin' Cajun, Arkansas St. and The Citadel... Not to mention L-ville and mighty Arkansas... Dan

I do believe Tua has better skills than Murray. It is what it is that Alabama blew out most opponents to the degree that Tua only played half of most games this year. Had he played 4 quarters of every game his stats would be so far ahead of Murray there would be no question. But that is what it is. In the SEC championship game Georgia went all in to defend against Tua with very specific defensive deception schemes well prepared to confuse Tua's reads. It worked. Tua needs more experience to counter that. But that highly planned scheme is what got them beat when Jalen came in and they had no plan in place for that.

5. Member
    Dan this is going to fire up the club

6. Banned
    I'm not a big Bama fan but I don't recall them getting beat by 29 to anyone, especially to the likes of Purdue.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    I'm not a big Bama fan but I don't recall them getting beat by 29 to anyone, especially to the likes of Purdue.
    You are right but, I think the competition lead to his inflated numbers.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    I do believe Tua has better skills than Murray. It is what it is that Alabama blew out most opponents to the degree that Tua only played half of most games this year. Had he played 4 quarters of every game his stats would be so far ahead of Murray there would be no question. But that is what it is. In the SEC championship game Georgia went all in to defend against Tua with very specific defensive deception schemes well prepared to confuse Tua's reads. It worked. Tua needs more experience to counter that. But that highly planned scheme is what got them beat when Jalen came in and they had no plan in place for that.
    Alabama receivers were dropping balls like they were scalding hot. A lot of those throws were off the mark but still catchable. The defense scheme sure had some effect but Tua was just not as accurate as he has been against weaker defenses. I don't think he was 100 per cent going into the game and i think that is because he wanted the Heisman really bad and may have hid some of his injury the second half of the season.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    You are right but, I think the competition lead to his inflated numbers.
    I would agree with you on that.

10. Banned
    Focus... We're talking about Tau and Bama's cream-puff, statistic enhansing schedule... And Ohio St. will pay dearly for that blowout loss... You guys should seek help with your OSSDS (Ohio St. Stress Disorder Syndrome)... Not every college football threads about Ohio St... Dan

11. Banned
    Focus... Not every college football threads about Ohio St... Dan
    It is around here. As I've said for years this place has a strange infatuation with anything Ohio State.

12. Banned
    Focus... We're talking about Tau and Bama's cream-puff, statistic enhansing schedule... And Ohio St. will pay dearly for that blowout loss... You guys should seek help with your OSSDS (Ohio St. Stress Disorder Syndrome)... Not every college football threads about Ohio St... Dan
    Rutgers 1-11
    orgeon st 2-12 and let's not forget those bad asses from Tulane

13. Banned
    Focus... We're talking about Tau and Bama's cream-puff, statistic enhansing schedule...
    Rutgers 1-11
    orgeon st 2-12 and let's not forget those bad asses from Tulane
    Again the title of the thread is Tau T. and the ESPN link is about Tau... Not Ohio St... When the next hate Ohio St. thread pops up go ahead and spew your hatred... Until then focus on topic... Tau... Dan

14. Banned
    Again the title of the thread is Tau T. and the ESPN link is about Tau... Not Ohio St... When the next hate Ohio St. thread pops up go ahead and spew your hatred... Until then focus on topic... Tau... Dan
    Oh don't worry I'll be there, Tua had a bad game and didn't play well. I think all players and teams have a bad game here and there.

15. Banned
    Coincidence???... Better competition, bad game???... Dan

The Hiesman pretty much has to go to Kyler Murray at this point. He has played lights out in every single game this year. While Tua has been great as well, he didn't play well yesterday, injury or otherwise. Murray has the better stats and is undoubtedly WAAAAYYYYYY more valuable to his team than Tua is to Bama. It is very likely that Bama is still undefeated even if Tua didn't take a single snap all season. On the flip side, everyone would have forgot about Oklahoma weeks ago if Kyler wasn't playing.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

17. Member
    Tua showed some inexperience yesterday with tough reads and pushing to hard to make a play. Those 2 things are what may cost him the Heisman. He will learn from those and get better but he needs to get completely healthy as well. Personally, I dont see NFL skills but he is a great college qb. Alabama just doesnt put out good NFL QBs. They can put out every other spot if they dont use up the legs on their backs like they did Henry's. I think Murray gets it this year but Tua will have a great shot next year

Whoa there Dan. That adjective describing Arkansas is slightly off a little

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    The Hiesman pretty much has to go to Kyler Murray at this point. He has played lights out in every single game this year. While Tua has been great as well, he didn't play well yesterday, injury or otherwise. Murray has the better stats and is undoubtedly WAAAAYYYYYY more valuable to his team than Tua is to Bama. It is very likely that Bama is still undefeated even if Tua didn't take a single snap all season. On the flip side, everyone would have forgot about Oklahoma weeks ago if Kyler wasn't playing.
    And Murray’s just doing it for fun!

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    And Murray’s just doing it for fun!
    Im sure we all wouldnt mind living in his shoes these next 2 years! Kids got millions on deck...and just enjoying all that OU living. Lots of pretty girls in the stands at OU games....and im pretty sure thats why hes plyaing! lol

EDIT:
    Im sure he is carried to class too...
    https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/gaseousdirtycrossbill

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast