Bilge area paint

I just picked up a 93 19'3" Intimidator hull that I'm swapping my engine and electronics over to. Its in good condition but the bilge area was a rats nest of wires etc. I just finished re-routing wires, replacing all splices with environmental aircraft splices, and wrapping the wire bundles in loom. I also sealed all screw holes where battery chargers, battery hold downs, etc. were previously mounted with aircraft sealant. It looks much better but the bilge is still pretty ugly from scratches, gouges, sealant etc. Has anyone painted their bilge area and what did you use? I was thinking about just scuffing everything with Scotchbrite and rattle canning it with satin black or that spray can splatter paint. I just want to clean it up before I re-install the batteries, oil tank etc.

2. Member
    Id prep and do it in rhino liner.
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    I doubt anything will ever stick for long as much oil dirt and water is back there.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Id just keep it as clean as possible. As stated above, dont think paint type products would stick long term and just create a bigger mess to deal with later.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

The bilge in my '93 Intimidator was a mess when I got it back in 2011(?) or somewhere around then. I thoroughly cleaned with soaps, solvents, etc, then scuffed/ sanded and cleaned again. I used West epoxy with graphite additive to make it black (with glass matt where screw holes etc were). I took out the gas tank and batteries - so I was sure to get everywhere. So, 7ish years later - everything is still stuck together and smooth - so easy to clean! Not a quick and easy - but easier to do prior to being all re-rigged! Enjoy your new rig! And Welcome!!! (check under you bench seat and let us know if the P/O left anything good! LOL)

6. Member
    Thanks everyone for the input.

7. Member
    BilgeKote is what you need.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

8. Member
    Thanks