Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by st041986 View Post
    I used a three year old Hero+ LCD. All of my videos get edited in 720/60fps for YouTube so I don't really have a need for any 4k video.
    I upload in 720 or 1080 as well. But I found that if I shoot in 4K and then render in a lower resolution they look considerably better.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I upload in 720 or 1080 as well. But I found that if I shoot in 4K and then render in a lower resolution they look considerably better.
    Thanks for the tip!
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

3. Member
    I have 2 old Hero 3 Blacks I use. All my extra batteries, battery eliminators, etc. are for those, so I'll continue to buy used ones on Craigslist, facebook, etc. for $50-100 versus spending $500 for a new one. I have one YoloTek mount, want to get the longer one for the back still.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by cconn View Post
    I have the YOLO powered pole. It fits in the rear navigation light post and provides powered USB ports on top. It is rated to 70 mph if I remember correctly with the screw in navigation light.
    Thanks! I may have to go another route. I may just make one out of a seat pedestal. I don’t want it flying off in the 90’s. It would be good for fishing takes though.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Flying off in the 90’s...since my rig would leave you laughing in a drag race I thought you were talking about 90 degrees

My biggest concern is battery life and the software used for editing. I literally know nothing other my Apple products and my Canon DSLR and that camera isn’t allowed on the boat!

Ill never have a youtube channel, just think it would be cool to see myself catching a few fish. On Amazon there are some models that are very obviously the exact same just have different names and they’re in the top 10 and 20 best sellers.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Well I took the Hero 7 Silver back and got the Hero 7 Black. Liked the option of being able to change batteries out on the Black and not able to do that on the Silver.

I have a new YOLO pole that I never got to use with building a new home. I believe it's adjustable up to 53". Will work in the back or front light sockets. I would sell it if somebody is interested in it that could use it.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    You must be considering starting to film yourself since you jumped on this thread. Admit it!!

9. Member
    Hero 5, very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Flying off in the 90’s...since my rig would leave you laughing in a drag race I thought you were talking about 90 degrees

My biggest concern is battery life and the software used for editing. I literally know nothing other my Apple products and my Canon DSLR and that camera isn’t allowed on the boat!

Ill never have a youtube channel, just think it would be cool to see myself catching a few fish. On Amazon there are some models that are very obviously the exact same just have different names and they’re in the top 10 and 20 best sellers.
    LOL! Yeah, I’d really hate to turn around and it be missing. I’d probably have one for just fishing, but I do believe I’ll make one for running.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    You must be considering starting to film yourself since you jumped on this thread. Admit it!!
    He don't need to film himself not catching anything!

How many of you will admit to using go pro in the bedroom?

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    How many of you will admit to using go pro in the bedroom?
    To watch me make the bed?
    I got nothin

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    with the newer gopros silver or black either is fine, both are over kill for recording all day on a boat, there is no reason to record on 4k or higher if it going to be uploaded to the web, the features are great, also nice sometimes to have the screen but for this purpose a hero 3+ black will do the trick running on 1080p with 7+ hours on a 64 gig card
    they are all great just get it setup right for what you are using it for and be sure you have a power source no mater what version you use

for the OPs question, I use 3 hero+ blacks and a session, have a 6 black but dont use on the boat, just for events
    I do the same with a couple Hero 2+. I have two in my Raptor connected to one remote with a 64 GB card in each. I can record an entire day of off roading with synced front and rear recordings wiith minimal hassle. The same setup works well in the boat but I typically would rather fish than mess with it. Storage costs for Hard Drives also adds up fast, especially at the higher resolutions.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12