Thread: Triton Cover

Triton Cover

I have an 07 TR20X HP DC. I want to buy a travel cover for it. I spoke with Kenny at Bunch Marine and he said he could have one made at attwood for $791 plus shipping. I also called Aurora and was told they could make one in the heavy canvas type for $967 plus shipping. After reading through the forum about how the attwood blows up behind the consoles while at speed, I'm undecided which one to buy. Aurora said their straps go to the trailer down each side too. Which is the better choice?
    Thanks
    2023 Timber Reaper 656, 2023 115 Pro XS, Tiller Handle

2. Member
    Neither , find a shop local to you and have them custom make you one .
    it will be of better material and fit better

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I agree. Unless you can buy a factory Triton cover I would have one custom made for that money. My cover cost a whopping $200 and while it fits great and I trailer it short distances I got it for temporary protection until my lazy butt clears the garage out this winter.

You sound like you want the best for your boat which would be custom.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Attwood had or has the factory contract for Triton......... And Aurora is also top notch in the boat cover business

5. Member
    I have an Aurora heavy canvas cover and it nice. If I had to choose now; it would be made of Sunbrella.

6. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I don't think there is a shop around me that does that.

7. Member
    Mr. Wayne-I had a custom cover built for my 2017 21 TRX for the cost of the heavy canvas type your talking about. It is absolutely the best $1000 a guy can spend on his boat, it fits like a glove and does not move going down the highway at all... Easy on easy off..

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch711 View Post
    Mr. Wayne-I had a custom cover built for my 2017 21 TRX for the cost of the heavy canvas type your talking about. It is absolutely the best $1000 a guy can spend on his boat, it fits like a glove and does not move going down the highway at all... Easy on easy off..
    Was it A local shop ?

9. Member
    I used the Atwood cover for about 7 years. During that time the boat was stored outside in the summer and inside during the winter. At that point it leaked terribly and I replaced it with the Aurora done with Sunbrella.

The Aurora is a heavier cover and the straps do hold it in place better. The Atwood was easier to take on and off. My vote would be for the Aurora. It is a custom cover made to fit your boat model with modifications to accommodate whatever stuff you might have mounted on it such as the TM. Last spring I replaced my TM and the cover doesn’t fit as good as it did. I contacted Aurora and they said that I could ship it back to them and they would modify it, but I never got around to it since I don’t use it much since putting up the new garage.

BTW - I still use the Atwood as a dust cover over the winter.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax