Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I never leave it plugged in because i am not by my boat in case something happens. I just make sure i give the batteries a full charge once per month to keep them in working order.

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    It takes over two hours to unplug mine. 50 miles each direction.
    Sucks to be you lol. No way I'd have my boat that far away, something would change.

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    It takes over two hours to unplug mine. 50 miles each direction.
    i would put it on a timer
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Sucks to be you lol. No way I'd have my boat that far away, something would change.
    The part that sucks the second most is the 100 yard drive from the boat stall to the eight lane boat launch. The part that sucks the most is the 50 yard walk from the pier to the truck and trailer at the end of the day.

P01135809

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    So you’re saying you keep your boat at the lake? Gotcha! Doesn’t sound like it sucks all that bad.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    All I know if from experience.. I had a MK 3 bank 30A charger that went bad that I left plugged in all the time, didn't burn my barn down but ruined 3 batteries (boiled all the water out). I charge and unplug now, at least if the charger goes bad I will save $300 in batteries! Like many have said I plug in when I return from fishing and unplug the next day and charge the night before I go again. Works for me.

7. Member
    I charge my batteries once a month in the winter. No way I'm leaving a charger plugged in 24/7. The odds on something bad happening are small, but the consequences if it did would be huge.
    x2 on this

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123