Thread: Trailer Stains

Trailer Stains

Last week I went thru a construction area where concrete was being sawed. I had no choice but to go thru the run off which was water and concrete dust, leaving a gray film all down one side of my truck and my boat. I was able to get it off the slick surfaces of the truck and the boat no problem. The trailer is a different story. The flat coating seems to have sucked the stuff up. I have tried a brush and a scrubbing sponge with some car wash detergent which gets some of it off but there is still some residue. Any suggestions on how to clean the trailer?
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    Try simple green and a scrub brush...Same thing happened to me.

Try a high pressure hose at a car wash...one trick I recently found to keep a trailer clean and make it 10X easier to clean in the future is tire foam. Once you get the trailer clean spray everything with a good coat of tire foam. After about 15-20 minutes take a dry rag and wipe off an residue that may be leftover. I don't know if this works on trailers that have a textured finish but on a painted trailer it works great. Yes it will be slick but its not as bad as what you think after a few days. Pening how often you pull in the rain or dirty conditions you only have to do this 2-3 times a year.

Use a light brush and soap. Rinse off, then use tire shine on it and it will look like new