Question for you East Tennessee guys (Vonore area)

How's the fishing up the Little Tennessee River on this stretch on Loudoun, Chilhowee and Calderwood Lakes? Looks like it might be dangerous running on the upper end of each? Chilhowee & Calderwood worth fishing at any time of the year? Such beautiful scenery that I am wanting to just fish these and would like any advise or insight. Thanks!

2. Member
    I live on tellico, its nice out, no one on the water ever too. I usually do better in the winter months too, less pleasure boaters.

3. Member
    I can help a little.....Chilhowee and Calderwood are know for their beauty and not so much for the fishing. These lakes parallel “the dragon”. This is the road bikers come from all over the world to ride....

Upper Tellico ( your referring this as Loudon) is very good in the spring. Huge opportunity. Will be interesting to see who makes the run from downtown Knoxville to this portion of Tellico for the Classic.

4. Member
    The smaller river area right now is probably chocolate milk. I was down towards Chilhowee fishing a couple weeks ago and literally had about 6 inches of visibility.

I haven't been there since I was a kid, but have often wondered if any trout are still in the river below Chilhowee .. ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mysuzytoo View Post
    I haven't been there since I was a kid, but have often wondered if any trout are still in the river below Chilhowee .. ?
    Not like they used to but yes.....