Thread: Echo plus 93

Echo plus 93

Thanks to everyone talking about the sale, I ordered one from the gps store with whatever transducer it comes with. Really only interested in using it as a forward looking unit. Will be ordering the livescope transducer shortly.

My question is is this livescope transducer really the only transducer I need to install. Not interested in 2d, etc as I have other units for that.

2. Member
    You can run the unit with LiveScope only, but LiveScope is a system. The system is the GLS10 black box and the LVS32 transducer. The LVS transducer plugs into the GLS10 black box. Then you plug a cable from the GLS10 to the plus 93sv.

In addition to the Plus 93sv, here is what is required.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/591379
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    my understanding is you don't need to install the CV52HW-TM transducer come with the package, livescope transducer + black box is what you need to connect to the unit to have livescope working.

4. Member
    Thanks, that's what I was hoping

Now if we can get a sale on the livescope transducer system

5. Member
    IMO you'll be waiting a long time, like a year.....or two.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    IMO you'll be waiting a long time, like a year.....or two.
    maybe not that long as lowrance wlll have livesight coming earlier next year, livescope could drop the price

7. Member
    I hope so but I don't expect it. My guess is that what Lowrance will come out with will be on the level of PS22.

8. Member
    It depends on how they play the game. Instead of severe competition, they may choose to “co-exist” with high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by canon View Post
    maybe not that long as lowrance wlll have livesight coming earlier next year, livescope could drop the price

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I hope so but I don't expect it. My guess is that what Lowrance will come out with will be on the level of PS22.
    Yeah, been loyal to lowrance 40 years. Looked at what looks like they are coming out with. Don't see any need to wait. Pulled trigger on echo. I could be surprised, always felt like they stayed behind the bird curve after owning lowrance and being in other boats with birds.

10. Member
    Just heard about this - a result of the patent settlement between Lowrance and Garmin?
    If so, maybe livesight/livescope potato/potauto?
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

11. Member
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by canon View Post
    my understanding is you don't need to install the CV52HW-TM transducer come with the package, livescope transducer + black box is what you need to connect to the unit to have livescope working.