Thread: Binoculars

Binoculars

I wanted to pick up a set to upgrade my view at a concert in a few weeks and was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction. Recommendations appreciated.

2. Banned
    I bought a new set before I went to Colorado last month. Had a set of high end Swarovskis and made the switch to Meopta, half the price and seems like better glass.

3. Member
    Thanks Chance, but I probably should've been a little more specific. I want to see what guitar Mick Ralphs is playing, but the gauge of his strings aren't important.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    Thanks Chance, but I probably should've been a little more specific. I want to see what guitar Mick Ralphs is playing, but the gauge of his strings aren't important.
    Who the hell is Mick Ralph? Is he the dude that sang puffin the magic dragon or one of the Beatles?

6. Member
    He was the guitar player for Bad Company.

Check out Styrka Optics. Looked at some yesterday and they seem to have very good glass. Lifetime transferable warranty too. I bought a scope from a rep yesterday as a backup. You can get a pair in the $200 range. S5 model 10x42 is what I was checking out yesterday, great reviews too.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    He was the guitar player for Bad Company.
    They were a 70's band weren't they?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Check out Styrka Optics. Looked at some yesterday and they seem to have very good glass. Lifetime transferable warranty too. I bought a scope from a rep yesterday as a backup. You can get a pair in the $200 range.
    Now we're talkin! Thanks John. I should've mentioned price point, but that's right where I wanted to be.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    They were a 70's band weren't they?
    Yep. Their music doesnt get played on the same stations as FGL, so I doubt you'd recognize them.

11. Member
    Joking aside, the lead singer is my all time favorite R&R vocalist and I told my wife I wanted to hear him live before he hangs it up so she made it happen. He's pushing 70 and can still sing better than most men half his age. There aren't many of them, especially from that era, you can say that about.

12. Member
    Take a look at Vortex. I have the Vortex Diamondbacks 10x50 they are nice and reasonably priced. There unconditional lifetime warranty is also great, no questions asked if they break.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave75 View Post
    Take a look at Vortex. I have the Vortex Diamondbacks 10x50 they are nice and reasonably priced. There unconditional lifetime warranty is also great, no questions asked if they break.
    Thanks. I looked at some Vortex at Cabelas yesterday and they looked pretty good for my needs. Good to know about their warranty policy.

I picked up a set of Nikon 10x42 that we’re on sale just to knock around the place. Work plenty fine . Not as sharp as my German glass. I use them daily and don’t worry if the kid picks them up

My progressive lens spectacles amaze me everyday unless I am walking down hill or down stairs! They were only about 475.00 dollars. Every 2 years.

16. Member
    Cabela’s had a 100$ off on vortex and I picked up some a week ago. I think I paid about 140$