Thread: Budget Scopes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchance View Post
    I read that redfield is made by leupold
    This is true. You can get a Redfield revolution 3-9x40 on Amazon for 185.

Redfield or nikon both make nice scopes for the money. I have seen nikon prostaff 3x9x40 for as low as 99 bucks recently. Those are pretty decent scopes for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by cripplesnake View Post
    go to "wish". never heard of it until the other day. look at Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50. my kid said he ordered one of these and it is the real deal. dont't know how it could be for that price, but he insist it is and works great. the guy at bass pro said NO WAY
    Those are Chinese counterfeit Leupold scopes. I read an article a few years ago that Leupold is fighting hard to get it stopped. They were discovered when some were sent in for warranty repair and they realized that the were not made by Leupold! They look really close but are not the real thing. Please do not buy them.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    Derek...call Doug at https://cameralandny.com/ and tell him what you are needing. He is very helpful and will go the extra mile to help you. He has 1000's of satisfied customers and I am one of them (no, I don't get a cut from him). But call during business hours. He sponsors some of the hunting/shooting websites I frequent and is well thought of on those sites. If in doubt, go to 24 hr. campfire. Great guy to deal with and handles everything from lower end optics to the high $$ ones. Tell him M77 Shooter from the Campfire sent you.

If that doesn't interest you, I agree with the Leupold/Redfield guys. Can't go wrong with those, but you will have a hard time finding a new Leupold for the 150 or less in that configuration. Unless you find one at a pawn shop. My buddy who owns a pawn shop sells take off Leupolds in 3-9x40 in VX-1 or 2 many times for $100. Of course, if it is one of those Leupold models that come with a lifetime warranty and even if you are not the original owner they will take care of it. Good luck with whatever you get and have a blessed day...Eddie

Do this, Doug will help you make the best choice for your budget.

5. Banned
    I would recommend spending a more money and getting a really good quality scope and mount and you will be set for life with proper care. Just my opinion from experience over the years.

6. Member

USA

I got a Sig Sauer from Optic Planet for $150 free shipping. It was a Whiskey3, works good. Also Check Midway, sometimes they have certain ones on sale.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    What do you think it is?
    Looks like a BAR to me also. My dad has a complete set of them. Several have never been shot. They sure are good guns. He hunts with the 270win. almost every time he goes out.

8. Member
    one of my local gun stores had Vortex 4-12X 40 for $109.99. Wasn't in need of a scope but looking at how clear and bright things were I picked one up.

9. Member
    I also buy from Doug at Cameraland, 2 sets of binos and Zeiss scope. like the Zeiss Conquest 4x12x44mm better than my 3 Leupold Vari X3 3.5x10x50mm. Doug usually has some open box scopes from shot shows or other venues. almost bought a Pentax from him but went with the Zeiss.

10. Banned
    Budget? Primary Arms scopes are decent for the price with good reticles. My next step up would be Nikon Monarch 3.

I came across a hell of a deal on a Nikon Monarch 2.5x10x50 yesterdy. Lawson's in Loretto Tennessee has a warehouse sale however many days it is when they have it and I picked this scope up for $330...

They've got a couple left. Got a few of the 42mm for about $200...great buy if you looking for a scope..I wasn't really but I picked one up...cause I couldn't walk away.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I came across a hell of a deal on a Nikon Monarch 2.5x10x50 yesterdy. Lawson's in Loretto Tennessee has a warehouse sale however many days it is when they have it and I picked this scope up for $330...

They've got a couple left. Got a few of the 42mm for about $200...great buy if you looking for a scope..I wasn't really but I picked one up...cause I couldn't walk away.
    Was that a Monarch 3 or 7? Did it have a parallax adjustment knob? If a 3 that's a good deal but if it's a 7 it's less than half price helluva (I'll be calling them) deal!

13. Member
    Replaced 6 rifle scopes with Nikon 5. The Buckmaster would fit your need and price.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Was that a Monarch 3 or 7? Did it have a parallax adjustment knob? If a 3 that's a good deal but if it's a 7 it's less than half price helluva (I'll be calling them) deal!
    My bad Dwight, those are Monarch 3s... regular price on the 50mm was $480..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

15. Member
    For a Nikon it is hard to beat Natchez shooting supplies. They have the Monarch 5 2-10 x42 with BDC for 299.99

https://www.natchezss.com/nikon-mona...cle-matte.html

16. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    Budget? Primary Arms scopes are decent for the price with good reticles. My next step up would be Nikon Monarch 3.
    Yes. They have some very good values and price points. I don't know who makes their scopes, Holosun makes their red dots.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12