390v 91 carpet replacement

Replacing my carpet on my 390v restoration. the lids seam to be two pieces took the old carpet out it is wedged on sides I cleaned out the spaces on the sides. Has anyone replace it before? do I just try and put it back in the gap,or do they come apart? any help would be great.

2. Member
    Those are called a two piece lids. They don’t come apart pull the carpet out and when you put the new carpet on roll it into the inside the new boats are done.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    Just finished one up. pain in the ass. Just roll the carpet over the gap to the inside of the lid. The lids have a wood core and the rod locker lids are heavy as hell. I cut the carpet short from rolling inside where the hinges go, with that gap exposed I was able to nut and bolt the hinge to the lid, no more pop rivets. I had to use a screw driver to pry it out a bit to get the locking nut down in there, you could use a thinner nut that is not the locking kind, it's not like it's going to go anywhere wedged in there. I used 8-32 at 3/4" long.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    +1 just roll/glue it on on the inside of lid.

5. Member
    We are doing a 92 361v right now. The only lid you need to tuck the carpet is the battery box lid. The lip on the boat is very close on only this lid. Tucking it will help it close easier
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time