Question F-20 GURUS??? ANYONE??

Just recently purchased an 1996 Astro F-20 . It is rigged with a 200 XRI. 12” setback. It is clearly way to low . Upwards of 4-1/2 inches or more below pad. It’s turning a 25 laser 2 . The boat will reach 75 on gps . It obviously wants to walk but but is plenty drivable. I’ve also own a Bullet 17v with a 200 merc turning a 27 mazco that’s way harder to drive. I’m looking to start at 2” above pad but I would love some prop input. Has anyone ran a 4blade performance prop on this hull wth any luck ? Also an older post suggests a Yamaha prop for this particular hull. Any suggestions? Looking to first find a good all around set up.

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I think you are in the wrong group. Ya got the "A" part right. The forum u are looking for is the "Procraft/Astro"

At first I thought I was on the wrong forum myself??
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

I think you are asking in the right place. They aren't gonna know crap over there about a really fast boat. There is a guy named Austin on this site who goes by "ANG" who had one of those with a 225 pro max on it for several years. I would contact him. Very knowledgeable guy. http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=69854

There are 1 or 2 guys that know something about them in the procraft/astro forum, worth a shot

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I think you are asking in the right place. They aren't gonna know crap over there about a really fast boat. There is a guy named Austin on this site who goes by "ANG" who had one of those with a 225 pro max on it for several years. I would contact him. Very knowledgeable guy. http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=69854
    This, Austin def knows his stuff. You could also reach out to gcross on here http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=60972 as he has had a fast astro/pro craft or 2 and knows about their setup as well.

Awesome boat btw, post up some pics if you have time
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

6. Member
    Thanks guys, I'm sure Gcross and I can steer him in the right direction
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ANG; 11-30-2018 at 05:55 PM.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

7. Member
    Hey guys thanks a lot for some direction for advice. I knew I was posting to the proper page for help. No offense to the Procraft / Astro guys.I will chime in on that page soon. Being a brand new member and this being my first post im very happy to get positive feedback. When I have time to upload pics and such I will. Thanks again.

8. Member
    Hey Bass Assasin don't forget to check your messages at the top under notifications. I sent you a PM.
    Stroker w/ 300 SuperMag

9. Member
    I owned an Astro 18FDX years ago and loved the boat. Then along came the F20 and always wanted one up until the time I saw Allison. I've heard of a few running in the 80's but no idea how they handle or if they can take rough water or not. Back in the day they sponsored grigsby, elias and a few others in the Astro and Procraft
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

10. Member
    nice boat ANG
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

11. Member
    Here’s the rig. She’s super clean but could use some carpet. Had it on Erie and Sandusky Bay last month and it ate up the chop nicely!! I’ll get back with you guys on setup soon (I’m a self employed workaholic ) lol,
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Here’s the rig. She’s super clean but could use some carpet. Had it on Erie and Sandusky Bay last month and it ate up the chop nicely!! I’ll get back with you guys on setup soon (I’m a self employed workaholic ) lol,

13. Member
    They look a lot like the old Procraft super pros.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

14. Member
    Yes it’s the same hull

Man it’s sharp !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

16. Member
    Thanks crank. I’ve wanted one for a while . Seems they are a rare find. And I see your a fan of red as well.bout pulled the trigger on A 20 XRD in Alabama last year. No motor rigged for a merc. Drove all the way down there and the stringers were toast and it looked like it spent more time on gravel than in the water. Guy definitely chose his ad pics strategically. Then had the hull to go on about how he couldn’t believe it wasn’t a “ solid boat” .. some people... got lucky and found this one 30 minutes from home...