Thread: Prop help

Prop help

I have a 205 with a 250 V8. I have a 24 Fury 4 blade. Top speed 67, max RPM 5800. Should next prop be a 23 Fury, 24 Tempest or a re worked Bravo thats a 26 that Mark says he can re pitch to a 24? Seems like everyones getting 70+ out of there rigs except me.

2. Member
    I have a 215 with the V8. So far I have tried a 25 Bravo. I like how it runs but it did not feel like it lifted the bow quite enough on mine. I am going to try a 24 Fury 3 blade myself next. Do you have the Hydraulic jackplate? I am surprised by how low I have to run my jackplate... low enough I am considering dropping the motor 1 hole. I have a 6 inch Hydraulic and wanted a 8-10 inch but the factory says the 6 is better. Call me dubious on that score.... Maybe for hands off driving but not peak performance. I will let you know how the Fury does on mine.

3. Member
    3 blade.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littleluk View Post
    I have a 215 with the V8. So far I have tried a 25 Bravo. I like how it runs but it did not feel like it lifted the bow quite enough on mine. I am going to try a 24 Fury 3 blade myself next. Do you have the Hydraulic jackplate? I am surprised by how low I have to run my jackplate... low enough I am considering dropping the motor 1 hole. I have a 6 inch Hydraulic and wanted a 8-10 inch but the factory says the 6 is better. Call me dubious on that score.... Maybe for hands off driving but not peak performance. I will let you know how the Fury does on mine.
    Really interested in what happens with that 24 Fury. Yes, Im running an Atlas and have raised it till water pressure drops off with no real improvement in speed. Tried it lower but didn't prove beneficial. This 4 blade 24 Fury acts weird in the fact that I have great hole shot but acts like its too much prop up top not letting me get above that 5800.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    3 blade.
    Thats the rumor I hear too. My last boat really didn't like 3 blades. Waiting till I hear till someone tell the tale of a few 23 and 24 Tempests and Furys on these rigs.

6. Member
    I ran the 24 Fury 3 blade but it was on a puddle of a lake so I could not get her lined up and running for a distance. It did spin more RPM than the 25 bravo and I liked how it felt. I will try to get on some water that will let me run. Between speed limits and no good sized water, it is difficult to play with a boat in Southern California. I got 6k rpm and mid 60's still climbing with the 24 Fury (hypothetically speaking since I was on a 35 mph lake) I think I will like this prop and will run it some more to test.

7. Member
    littleluk, once you can stretch it out with that 3 blade let us know.

8. Member
    I have had a 205 with mercury fourstroke for a couple of weeks now and I have been able to get 72 loaded with gear and partner without adjusting anything with 23pitch fury 3 blade. I do have hydraulic jackplate but have not adjusted any while running yet.

9. Member
    Hey fishingforlife, that's good info.