Need a new hunting jacket

Im the market for a new heavy coat /for weather for 5-40 degrees. Was looking at the nomad or the scent lok brand. Wanting to stay under $200 and recommendations? Thanks

2. Member
    I've got 2 variations of the Cabela's Berber sets with windshear and love them both. The bibs/jacket combo I don't wear unless it's single digits and the other is pants/pull over from that till mid 30s. Pretty sweet stuff but I think anything with technology to cut wind is primo for colder temps. Go lighter jacket and get battery vest or jacket. I bought Cabela's brand where's it's tight to my skin

I have a Cabelas dry plus set for cold weather hunting. They're a warm set, gotta be real cold before I break it out, its too much @ 40 degrees. I usually wear it 20 degrees and below.

4. Member
    I got the Nomad cottonwood set this year and love it. Very warm without being bulky.

5. Member
    Another vote for Cabela's Berber set. But that's one the high end of the comfort range. I use it hunting in January -20-20* and sit all day.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

A little more money than what you listed, but the Sitka Fanatic is outstanding.

Cabelas Berber
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

I’ll throw a vote in for Cabelas Berber fleece. Its some of the best and warmest stuff I’ve ever worn. The price is not bad on it either.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EKYRanger View Post
    A little more money than what you listed, but the Sitka Fanatic is outstanding.
    +1. I love mine. They are on sale now at Sitka for $100 off I believe..