Prop for 2007 Ranger 178 vs

Purchased a 2007 178 vs. It has a Yamaha 150 V Max.

The only marking on the prop is M23- the local dealer says M is the prop family and 23 is the pitch,

I can run about 54 MPH GPS with excellent hole shot turning about 5400-5500rpm at WOT. Can anyone give some information about this prop.

I do not get much bow lift at all, but understand this may be common on this model 178. The dealer in my area will not allow me to test any props

Appreciate any feedback.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I can’t identify the prop for you but if it’s a stainless steel prop and you’re happy with the performance then great!! You’re a lucky man! If, like me, you can’t leave well enough alone then give PowerTech a look. They know their props and will speak on the phone with you forever. If you don’t like the prop they suggest you can swap it for $35 until you find exactly what you want. Good luck!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

RPMs are a bump on the low side. What is your prop to pad measurement? You boat might benefit from raising the motor a bump to let that prop spin up to the motors potential
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

4. Member
    The center of the prop is four inches below the pad.

Quote Originally Posted by georgestarrett2 View Post
    The center of the prop is four inches below the pad.
    Definitely to deep. Raise it half an inch and retest. That hull with most props will run at its best with prop 3-3.25” below the pad. But start at 3.5” and go up in quarter inch increments. Watch for loss in water pressure each time you raise it
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

6. Member
    I will try that when the ice is gone.