Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Wow, that’s an eye opener Mark. Unfortunately I agree 100% which is just sad.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Nice fish.
    BUT, I'd never post a fish in trophy catch. Couple of reasons, I watched it completely destroy Kingsley lake. We caught great fish from it for years , Now you can hardly get a boat in it and a lot of the big fish went home with the shiner guys. Its just a shell of what it once was.
    Most importantly is the Trophy catch is a propaganda machine created by FWC to show what a great job they are doing managing the fisheries in Florida. It's their way of showing that their plan works" look at us , our spraying is helping!". So , If you think FWC is doing a great job , by all means support them and their spraying agenda. If not, then do as I and a lot of guys who feel as me and don't participate in their flag waiving.
    Good point Mark!

3. Banned
    Mark is spot on, I've caught probably 7- 10 fish over 8pnds the last year and 1/2 and haven't reported one. Two were 10 plus pnd fish. With that said, a lot of those big fish were caught where I only had four or five fish all day.... which really sucked. Once those big fish cycle through their life spans and die off it will really suck because with the lose of habitat and destruction of vegetation fishing will only get worse. Thick vegetation grows big fish QUICK! Now a days our fish have traded thick vegetation for a devoid, mud chocolate bottom. An example of how quickly we can grow big fish is Orange Lake. It went dry for the most part and in one season it came back to full pool. When it came back to full pool it was full of all kinda crap and three years later it was pumping out double didget fish. The lake did just fine on its own! Now the FWC has ruined it with excessive spraying. Now Im not saying these lakes will not still produce 10 pnd fish. We live in the perfect climate for growing big fish and we have genetics so there will always be big fish which gives the FWC an out. But its no where near what it would be if we had good thick lush vegetation for the fish to grow and hide in.

If I reported these fish, FWC would take this info and twist it to validate their irresponsible actions. Going fishing from sun up to sun down and catching just 3, 4 or 5 fish with one over 8 doesn't equate to a good fishing day. That's a fish every 2 hours which sucks!

Sorry to get off chasing a rabbit but this spraying has me pissed more then you can imagine.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 12-05-2018 at 10:20 AM.

4. Member
    [QUOTE=Casslaw;9833561]

Holy moly Jerry that is a toad!!! Nice job man!!!!
    All of you guys putting up pics have some dandy fish....congrats...I am jealous!!

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Mauler, I get exactly where you’re coming from and your anger is well placed imo. My biggest hang up is why do they spray so much so close to bedding season?

We all know Bass need a firm bottom to bed successfully and the frye need vegetation to get through their various stages of growth.

So why why create a mucky bottom devoid of weed growth right before the bass bed? I can’t find a reasonable answer other than aesthetics.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Nice fish.
    BUT, I'd never post a fish in trophy catch. Couple of reasons, I watched it completely destroy Kingsley lake. We caught great fish from it for years , Now you can hardly get a boat in it and a lot of the big fish went home with the shiner guys. Its just a shell of what it once was.
    Most importantly is the Trophy catch is a propaganda machine created by FWC to show what a great job they are doing managing the fisheries in Florida. It's their way of showing that their plan works" look at us , our spraying is helping!". So , If you think FWC is doing a great job , by all means support them and their spraying agenda. If not, then do as I and a lot of guys who feel as me and don't participate in their flag waiving.
    100% Agree with you. I cringe when i see someone holding up a fish with the name of one of the lakes I fish on that site. Good point about supporting (((THEIR))) propaganda as well! I remember seeing all those fish in Kingsley a few years back and man it was on fire for sure. Not to many pictures the past couple of years - I wondered what happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12