Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Florida Trophy Catch

Anyone in here participate in the Trophy Catch program ?
    If so what's your entry?
    I am in it with an 11lb. 11 oz. wish I could get the pic to load here.
    Current leader but rumored a 14# waiting on approval
    Pic on the their facebook page and website

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    Anyone in here participate in the Trophy Catch program ?
    If so what's your entry?
    I am in it with an 11lb. 11 oz. wish I could get the pic to load here.
    Current leader but rumored a 14# waiting on approval
    Pic on the their facebook page and website
    Congratulations Nice!

3. Member
    Nice pictures you put on there.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ll put the pic up if you can’t. Email it to ccardamone@tampabay.rr.com.

Once I learned how to post pics here it was super easy. Bill Reynolds shot me a pm on how to with an iPad/iPhone and made it super simple for me.

And of course, Congrats!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Jerry, let me be the first to say...Son, that’s a huge fish!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    11lb 3oz on Kissimmee last month

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Nice Catch! Kissimmee bass usually have more color to them, was she in “clear” water? That’s a big girl! My 11lb9oz was 30.5” long, she was a skinny thing for her length. I was in Lutz where I grew up a couple hours ago, back home in Wesley Chapel now. Must be a hot bed of good sticks

Wow! Congrats on the HUGE fish guys

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

9. Member
    That was an offshore bass from 10 feet of water. That’s why its coloring is lighter. My only two other 10+ pound bass came from lakes in Lutz. A bunch of good lakes

10. Member

11. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My 11lb 9oz came out of Lake Padgett in ‘90! I was 14 amd they guy at the marina said it weighed “about 7 pounds” so I took it to the Vet since I knew them and it was 11.9...even at 14 I could spot an idiot. Back then we had to kill the fish to mount it. Not sure I could ever kill a fish that big again. I’d got a 12lb4oz in Lake Tarpon around 2002 and let her go without a picture!

Havent caught one bigger than this since I got my boat in June. She was just over 10, 2 lakes down from Lake Padgett.

We are so lucky to not have to kill these fish these days.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Double Post

Them are some nice fish...congrats! Been fishing since i was 14 and still dont have any thing over 8.75.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Cwilt, you just haven’t yet. I was lucky and got my first ten one day after walking home from the bus stop in 4th grade. I saw it bust the top, ran home and got my pole and ran back where I saw the fish. First cast she was still there and I think I carried her around for an hour showing people

In the Lounge they will tell you there’s a 10 pounder in every puddle in Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Cwilt, you just haven’t yet. I was lucky and got my first ten one day after walking home from the bus stop in 4th grade. I saw it bust the top, ran home and got my pole and ran back where I saw the fish. First cast she was still there and I think I carried her around for an hour showing people

In the Lounge they will tell you there’s a 10 pounder in every puddle in Florida!

I did the same when i was that young also except mine were in the 7 lb range.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

16. Member
    New BBC rule: You must give gps coordinates, type bait used and presentation of where the fish were caught for it to be real..

17. Member
    I’m old school and usually don’t say where I caught fish (sorry, just the way I was raised) but since the circumstances are special I will spill the beans.

For those of you who travel the Tampa area, alongside I-4 in Tampa just east of 50th street on the south side of the Interstate there is a borrow pit that was dug when they were building the highway. In 1974 I caught one that weighed 14.1 (weighed at a local meat market) and in 1978 got one that weighed 11.2. In addition to those two caught probably 80 to 100 between 8 and 9. All caught on plastic worms and crankbaits.

Some years later somebody dumped tens of thousands of battery casing alongside some ditches that ran along the south side of the pit and literally killed the place graveyard dead. It was at one time an environmental “Super Fund Site” as told to me.

In the many years that have passed my largest has been 13.8. As with most folks around this area, if you have somewhat reasonable skills/experience and keep at it you will sooner or later get that double digit. In my mind, the key is to fish the right body of water. While there are bass in most ”puddles”, the big ones are not everywhere.

Don’t catch as many as I used to as I now have an affliction with snook. I have tried withdrawal from snook but just can’t seem to shake the addiction. That’s not to say I don’t bass fish anymore (am planning on going tomorrow) but snook occupy most of my on the water time these days.

18. Member
    Nice fish.
    BUT, I'd never post a fish in trophy catch. Couple of reasons, I watched it completely destroy Kingsley lake. We caught great fish from it for years , Now you can hardly get a boat in it and a lot of the big fish went home with the shiner guys. Its just a shell of what it once was.
    Most importantly is the Trophy catch is a propaganda machine created by FWC to show what a great job they are doing managing the fisheries in Florida. It's their way of showing that their plan works" look at us , our spraying is helping!". So , If you think FWC is doing a great job , by all means support them and their spraying agenda. If not, then do as I and a lot of guys who feel as me and don't participate in their flag waiving.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Nice fish.
    BUT, I'd never post a fish in trophy catch. Couple of reasons, I watched it completely destroy Kingsley lake. We caught great fish from it for years , Now you can hardly get a boat in it and a lot of the big fish went home with the shiner guys. Its just a shell of what it once was.
    Most importantly is the Trophy catch is a propaganda machine created by FWC to show what a great job they are doing managing the fisheries in Florida. It's their way of showing that their plan works" look at us , our spraying is helping!". So , If you think FWC is doing a great job , by all means support them and their spraying agenda. If not, then do as I and a lot of guys who feel as me and don't participate in their flag waiving.
    Agree 100% ! FWC Stands for Florida’s Worst Commission !

Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    Nice fish.
    Interesting perspective, thanks for sharing.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast