Clinton Lake Tournament Saturated!

Read this on Facebook. 70 tourneys scheduled on 58 available weekend days. Bass Team Challenge will not have a circuit on Clinton this year due to too many tourneys. It's a shame because this is a good circuit.

Attached Images Attached Images

IDNR does a piss poor job regulating the amount of events on a body of water. It takes a severe toll on the fishery. Mazonia lakes up here is a good example...there is an event pretty much every weekend.

How else are we going to “grow the sport”? -Sarcasm
    Maybe MLF format for all tourneys would help
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

4. Banned
    Illinois=AFM (anything for money) The same crap they pulled with deer hunting

5. Member
    How long is shotgun season, 7 days ? Insane

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    Illinois=AFM (anything for money) The same crap they pulled with deer hunting
    Hosting a tournament is free in IL. IDNR is doing the best they can with a diminished staff and no budget IMOO.
    Michael J. Koenig

7. Member
    It may be free to host a tournament but the idnr still has the right and responsibility to say no. Just like they set all the other regs on each lake to keep things in check .

8. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    It would be nice not to have a Tournament at the same Ramp 2 weeks in a row.

9. Member
    Good grief thats a lot of tourneys. Wonder what the average number of boat per tourney.

10. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lightningmusky View Post
    Good grief thats a lot of tourneys. Wonder what the average number of boat per tourney.
    I don't know but it's only 4900 acres and you can't get to North Fork area by water since 911 so it's small.

Dale Sinclair original

That's crazy. Poor management or no management?

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

12. Member
    The crazy thing is the lake keeps producing big results in the Bass Team Challenge and Clinton Jackpot Team trails. There is hardly a tourney where it takes under 20lbs. Big stringers and big bass year after year.

13. Member
    most of the tournament permits wont even be used. clubs/circuits flood the application process with way more permits than actual tournaments to be held so they can get a schedule set.

The problem lies when they fail to formally cancel the permit if it will not be used.

As normal in our state, a poor plan and even poorer execution.

14. Member
    I pull permits for the Happy Hookers Bass Club and American Bass Anglers D39. I started pulling my 2019 permits at 12:01am on Dec 1st and by the time I had the 1st one completed, 45 permits had already been pulled. When I was finished @ 12:45am over 2000 permits were pulled already. It absolutely amazed me.
    Michael J. Koenig

Quote Originally Posted by goaltender8 View Post
    I pull permits for the Happy Hookers Bass Club and American Bass Anglers D39. I started pulling my 2019 permits at 12:01am on Dec 1st and by the time I had the 1st one completed, 45 permits had already been pulled. When I was finished @ 12:45am over 2000 permits were pulled already. It absolutely amazed me.
    December 1st? In Illinois you can put them in on November 1st.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    December 1st? In Illinois you can put them in on November 1st.
    Yes, I messed up - it was Nov 1st.
    Michael J. Koenig

17. Member
    2000 in the first 45 minutes? WTF? That amazes me. Wonder what size tournaments the majority of those permits are for? many are small club permits I am sure.

And Mike, btw, thank you for doing such a good job running our ABA division , I am sure you don't get enough thanks from any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    2000 in the first 45 minutes? WTF? That amazes me. Wonder what size tournaments the majority of those permits are for? many are small club permits I am sure.

And Mike, btw, thank you for doing such a good job running our ABA division , I am sure you don't get enough thanks from any of us.
    Most are small...not many lakes in our state that can host a large crowd. Shelbyville, Rend, Carlyle and Clinton are some of the ones that have the larger events.

19. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Most are small...not many lakes in our state that can host a large crowd. Shelbyville, Rend, Carlyle and Clinton are some of the ones that have the larger events.
    Yep. About the only other option which the Federation use to love, is the Mississippi river and the Illinois river.

Dale Sinclair original