Thread: Johnson GT 150

Johnson GT 150

Took it out after been sitting since repairing fuel delivery issus yesterday, ran real nice. And of course another issus. Water leaking from the screws in the what I call "water jacket" between the heads. What is the proper name and where do I get the gasket for it, which is what I presume it needs. Also what is the torque for the bolts when putting it back on?

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....200&highlight=

Read post 18 again,,,,cant believe all the work you have done, you have not invested in a repair and service manual yet.(torque values/repair and diagnostic procedures))

Exhaust cover. Be careful removing those small 1/4x20 screws(can snap off) and DO NOT USE a screw driver or chisel to pry it off. (Can break it or ruin mating surfaces). Follow the manual on what sealers and tools you need. Hint-60-84 inch pounds in chris cross manner and in increments. GET A REPAIR MANUAL!

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

4. Member
    +1 on purchasing the appropriate service manual. This will save you time, money and frustration if intend to keep working on your outboard yourself.
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

5. Member
    At the OMC school we had open book questions, this was to teach us how, and why, to use the service manuals.