Raymarine Dragonfly: scroll speed

Can the firmware be updated to allow the screen scroll speed based on either GPS sensed speed or manual? Should be pretty easy to implement.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 11-27-2018 at 10:13 PM.

2. Member
    Probably could be updated with software, but since there isn't a "magic" scroll speed, Raymarine allows users to adjust as they need rather than adjusting based on speed.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Your wanting the screen to travel as fast as the boat is moving, because you probably feel like it misssing stuff. That’s not the case. The scroll speed think of it as a printer, it’s the speed that it’s printing the image. All the structures will be there and the images will look better at slower scroll speeds.

4. Member
    I should have said “proportionally”. I believe other big brands have this feature, and you can take a look. Pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Your wanting the screen to travel as fast as the boat is moving, because you probably feel like it misssing stuff. That’s not the case. The scroll speed think of it as a printer, it’s the speed that it’s printing the image. All the structures will be there and the images will look better at slower scroll speeds.

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I know I get the best images at 60-70 scroll speed.

I dont think any brands have a scroll speed that changes with boat speed.

7. Member
    Check out here: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...D89E04E47.html

The Auto setting selects a scroll rate to match the boat speed, so targets in the water are drawn with the correct aspect ratio and appear less distorted.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    I dont think any brands have a scroll speed that changes with boat speed.

8. Member
    Not necessarily. Say when boat is moving very slowly, we need the screen scrolls slowly as well; otherwise, fish will be shown as a (almost) straight line. When boat is running fast, we need the screen to scroll faster to accommodate new data.

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    I know I get the best images at 60-70 scroll speed.

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Not necessarily. Say when boat is moving very slowly, we need the screen scrolls slowly as well; otherwise, fish will be shown as a (almost) straight line. When boat is running fast, we need the screen to scroll faster to accommodate new data.
    OK