Raymarine Dragonfly: when to Show Time?

Hi Raymarine Customer Service, when will your R&D folks fix/update the firmware to show local time on Dragonfly units please? It has been missing for years!!!

2. Member
    Dragonfly was/is an entry level unit and product management decided to leave time off of it to maximize screen space. Not saying it wouldn't be a nice feature, but not available and wont be updated.

3. Member
    I thinks this is an essential thing for today’s electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    Dragonfly was/is an entry level unit and product management decided to leave time off of it to maximize screen space. Not saying it wouldn't be a nice feature, but not available and wont be updated.

4. Member
    I agree that it's a nice feature, but the platform is 5 years old. Building a 4", 5" and 7" model in the same family makes time a hard feature because you eat up too much screen on a 4" screen,

Dragonfly - last software update was Version: v12.20 / Release Date: Nov 2017

That said, all current electronics have time as a feature

5. Member
    Just let you know Dragonfly Pro series are still VERY POPULAR to kayakers and small boaters, based on my observation. I’m not sure if this will pull some potential buyers back.

The time itself can be programmed to let users decide to show it or not, in big or small fonts and so on. Even My 10 years old L-brand grey-screen unit has such a feature. Anyway, these are just my feedbacks.

I agree that it's a nice feature, but the platform is 5 years old. Building a 4", 5" and 7" model in the same family makes time a hard feature because you eat up too much screen on a 4" screen,

Dragonfly - last software update was Version: v12.20 / Release Date: Nov 2017

That said, all current electronics have time as a feature

6. Member
    Thank you, I'm very aware of the popularity with kayak and small boats. I spent almost an hour on the phone with Eric Jackson (Jackson Kayaks) today.
    Stay tuned...

7. Member
    If you're looking for a good Dragonfly replacement, Westmarine has an Axiom 7 with downvision on sale for $550.

If it wasn't for the good deal on a Garmin 93 Plus last week I would have jumped all over this.

8. Member
    I wish I had got this message earlier.

Yes, I ordered a Garmin EchoMap Plus 9sv as well. Should be a perfect complement to my existing Dragonfly Pro 7, in areas like DV, maps, SV etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    If you're looking for a good Dragonfly replacement, Westmarine has an Axiom 7 with downvision on sale for $550.

If it wasn't for the good deal on a Garmin 93 Plus last week I would have jumped all over this.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 11-29-2018 at 03:47 AM.

9. Member
    Thank you jig34!

To give you some more info on this (that you May know): the current firmware has a section to configure local time zone and formats, it just doesn’t allow users to show it. Feels like an unfinished piece! Very ridiculous!

Thank you, I'm very aware of the popularity with kayak and small boats. I spent almost an hour on the phone with Eric Jackson (Jackson Kayaks) today.
    Stay tuned...

10. Member

11. Member
    Again, I agree that time is a nice feature, but Dragonfly is 5 years old or so. The last software update was Version: v12.20 / Release Date: Nov 2017. There won't be any more updates to add time or anything else.

Replacement = ELEMENT
    http://www.raymarine.com/element/

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    BassTracker I understand the need for time, but you seem to also have a Garmin, Can you get it on there. If so whats the big deal of not having it on the Dragonfly??

I get it doesnt have all the bells and whistles, but a sub 550.00 unit with Chirp, Downvision, Create you own maps and update depth reading to Navionics, and a 200.00 navionics card included.

If you figure the 200.00 navionics card and the 99.00 transducer the units is 250.00!!

13. Member
    You can’t assume that since I have a cellphone so I don’t need a watch or the like. Actually Some kayakers are afraid to carry cellphones onboard (in case it falls into water), so they need to see time on fish finders.

Anyway, I am ok with it as it is since I have added a 2nd unit now.