Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    yeah I didn't know what deleted meant either ....I in market next year

2. Member
    17 f350 srw for me... 9-10 pulling goose neck and bobcat around 15000lbs... 16.5 not pulling I mainly all highway miles.

More on deleted- they take the crankcase gasses and run them through the motor again to burn it off, this leads to intake valve deposits that over a couple hundred thousand miles starts leaking on the compression stroke, looses power and efficiency, then the restrictive particulate filter literally plugs with soot, and to clean that they dump fuel through the injectors on the exhaust stroke(piston coming up exhaust valve open to vacate the used gasses) to literally burn the soot out and then after that the DEF is sprayed into the tail pipe. Well pouring fuel on the exhaust stroke isn't making power or efficiency but wasting fuel. So deleting the system cleans up the waste. But makes cancer flow out the tailpipe instead of air for kittens to breath.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I'm a mechanical(among other things) idiot. So this is interesting. I'm guessing the delete is a software work around? I've never use chips or programmers, just drove stock. IF this is a software hack, does the programmer reset to factory specs before you have service or inspections? Does the programmer delete traces of changes? My concern with these has always been warranty and inspections. Just not a world I live in so have very little understanding of where that tech is now.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    16 Duramax, crew cab short box, 35" tires, "deleted". 20-22mpg driving reasonably empty. Interstate and heavy foot 18mpg. Pulling the boat, never know its even back there and 14-16mpg. I can baby it and get 26mpg empty, and drive on eggshells and get 18+ towing, but the fish are surely biting, so always in a hurry!

As far as the delete(Replaced factory exhaust, removed EGR, removed DEF, replace with cold air intake, added 40hp towing tune) picked up 5-8mpg after doing so.

6. Member
    My mpg matches others.

15 city unloaded
    20 highway unloaded
    15 highway towing the bass boat
    12 highway towing the fifth wheel

Truck is a 16 Ram 2500 tuned and deleted with manual trans and aftermarket clutch. Very nice towing experience.
    Pete | 2011 Ranger Z118 | Yamaha HPDI 150

Quote Originally Posted by bassin70 View Post
    I'm a mechanical(among other things) idiot. So this is interesting. I'm guessing the delete is a software work around? I've never use chips or programmers, just drove stock. IF this is a software hack, does the programmer reset to factory specs before you have service or inspections? Does the programmer delete traces of changes? My concern with these has always been warranty and inspections. Just not a world I live in so have very little understanding of where that tech is now.
    It will be computer programming changes and physical removal of of equipment and it is not practical to change them back and fourth, also it will never pass an inspection if it is required

Voids warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    It will be computer programming changes and physical removal of of equipment and it is not practical to change them back and fourth, also it will never pass an inspection if it is required

Voids warranty
    most all 15 and up trucks this can not be hidden from the manufacture, computer logs the programing changes and can not be deleted.....Good by 100 K powertrain warranty.....
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    My 17 Ram 2500 Cummins gets 14 towing and 20-21 not towing. It has 32000 miles now and has been a really good tow vehicle. I plan on running it as is till out of factory warranty. Then I will let the real horse power out. The 6.7 Cummins is really choked down from the factory. There are a lot of really good tuners on the market now. 500 horse power is pretty easy to get now without pouring thousands of dollars into it.

10. Member
    15 ecodiesel 4x4 real mpg's. Towing 520c, between 15 mpg and 16.5 depending on hills at 70-75 mph. Unloaded in town about 22 mpg, better in summer. On highway unloaded, 25-27 mpg. 3.92 rear end.

My 2016 Cummins 2500, 28* out, 15 mph cross winds, empty except for three hockey bags. Driving with foot between 60-75 because of ice covered roads due to winter fog. Don't worry about my tire pressure as it's at 60 pounds not 80 in the rears
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    If you could see what is being pumped back into your engine with emissions on.............................ugh. These engines can go 400,000 without a hiccup if they didnt have a this crap on them. My truck only had 78K when I deleted and it was a sooted up mess.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    most all 15 and up trucks this can not be hidden from the manufacture, computer logs the programing changes and can not be deleted.....Good by 100 K powertrain warranty.....

It can’t be hid on any vehicle. They can hide the programmer but you can tell by other parameters the computer stores like boost psi and such. A stock truck won’t make no where near as much boost as a tuned one. Those types of parameters can’t be covered up

But at 100k warranty is over, I figure I will start buying parts at 90k so I have them all when I hit 100k in 3 weeks haha

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    If you could see what is being pumped back into your engine with emissions on.............................ugh. These engines can go 400,000 without a hiccup if they didnt have a this crap on them. My truck only had 78K when I deleted and it was a sooted up mess.
    My BIL's Eco Diesel went into safe mode for the fourth time in 100K miles while he was here at Thanksgiving. He bought some sort of aftermarket electronic gizmo that supposedly would let him do a manual regeneration. He went home in another vehicle until we could get his fixed. We couldn't make it do a regeneration so we took it to the dealer. They found a bad module of some sort and got it back up and running. My FIL's Eco Diesel was nothing but problems. He got rid of his right before it went out of warranty. It's ashamed because like mentioned here these things could get AMAZING mileage and reliability if it were not for all the smog stuff choking them down.

16. Member
    New '18 Chevy Duramax 3/4 Ton now getting ~ 14 pulling my Z520. 19 - 20 on the highway, and I push em. Not really any better than the 08 I just got rid of that was the same truck. They say that mine may get a little better as it loosens up, but I doubt it. I disagree with all the "nobody needs a 3/4 ton diesel for a bass boat. If you can afford it, it is definitely better. I can get around someone on a 2 lane road much quicker and safer than any 1/2 ton. And yes, that includes 6.2 Ls's - my wife drive a Denali Yukon, and it does a good job, but there is no comparison. And just try to stop as fast as a 3/4 ton in a half ton pulling the same load (please don't do it behind me). I've drove my last 2 Duramaxs 380K and 280K as well. The additional durability is a factor as well over the 1/2 tons. Again, to each their own.
    Bryan O' Z521-250ProXS V8
    Total Recreation Products Inc.
    Commercial Park and Playground Equipment
    totalrecreation.net

In the hills, corners and trees add a blind approach and a loaded gravel semi... my buddy (Cummins 2500) was pulling my dads boat and we had enough brakes to comfortably not become an issue (80-90% brake), I ran a few 1/2 trucks before I got a diesel, without doubt we would have been +-5' of that semi trailer with a half ton.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    ....Sweating mpg on a 3/4+ ton pickup truck and swapping props, etc to get 1-3 extra mph top end on your boat is like splitting hairs... I just don't get it.

But to each his own I guess....

I'm more concerned about what the bass are doing under the water....
    Everybody has different priorities, objectives, obsessions and WALLETS. Truck mpg's, boat speeds. Looked at a post for a 20XB Allison for sale, it had a 24 volt t/m, and a single 12v t/m battery, and it used the CRANK battery for it's other 12v t/m battery! It did almost 95 mph! Obviously catching lots of bass was not the priority there. You get my point, 'to each his own...'
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123