Ohio and Kentucky Deer Outfitters

My two buddies and I are looking to take our college kids to either Ohio or Kentucky for their graduation present next year. We live in Va, and while we do have some good deer here where we have access to hunt--they are few and far between. We are within driving distance of Ky and Ohio. Do any of you have any good or bad experiences with outfitters in either state? We are open to archery and or gun hunting. But very leary of dropping $6,000 (for two) and then end up at a fly by night outfit. Have done lots of research, but guys on this site have never steered me wrong about anything.

any advice is appreciated

Don
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

2. Member
    Whitetail heaven, southern Ohio outfit, sunfish valley

Ive never used living in Ohio but follow them on Facebook to see the kinda bucks they are on. Pretty sure Heaven has Ohio ,KY , Indiana property

3. Member
    I can tell you who not too in western ky.is snipe creek ! Look at blood river outfitters which is a brand new operation and very nice. There another one in sturgis ky.But not sure of the name. Bloodriver borders ky.lake if you wanta do some fishing too.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck33 View Post
    I can tell you who not too in western ky.is snipe creek ! Look at blood river outfitters which is a brand new operation and very nice. There another one in sturgis ky.But not sure of the name. Bloodriver borders ky.lake if you wanta do some fishing too.
    Snipe.creek may be tge worst offitter in yhe country. Not sure if Blood River is the one run on Dr. HUGHS land, if it is book them. Mike Cuningham won't do you wrong. It's the farm Craig Morgan flims on in Ky.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

5. Member
    Thanks for all the input--Looks like it is down to River Valley Farms, Buck Country Outfitters, and Pennyrile Outfitters. I found the best and most result while looking these up.
    2007 Ranger Z21
    Yamaha SHO 250

I grew up in West KY and I think you have to get to that end of the state to find hunting better than you'll have in VA. Granted, I've never hunted central or eastern KY but there is a lot more grain grown in the western end of the state so it's like hunting in a grocery store. I have no experience with outfitters, sorry.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow