Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    I believe the boat I am looking at only has RPM, Trim and Fuel Level....(there for the warnings/faults will only be through beeps correct?) .....the warnings will not show on the Lowrance.

this is off topic but I just learned Evinrudes can self winterize...do I need the Evinrude digital gauges to do this as well ?

I appreciate all the help so far!

They do self winterize with your help and you do not need the digital gauge. You need an owners manual or the service manual. It's very easy when following the instructions. I still have the systems check
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    They do self winterize with your help and you do not need the digital gauge. You need an owners manual or the service manual. It's very easy when following the instructions. I still have the systems check
    Correct...without a smart gauge you can do the winterization mode but you will need an owners manual or written instruction. It's not that hard so after doing it a couple times you might just memorize how to do it...with an I COMMAND gauge select winterize on the gauge menu and it will display step by step instructions. The procedure is not different, it's just the gauge tells you what to do so it's technically not needed but it does makes it more easy.

Thanks all!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

4. Member
    Just verified on page 12 of the instllation manual, a systems check gauge or Evinrude digital gauge is required and if a failure occurs related to the systems monitored by the gauge it may not be covered. Doesn't sound like the Horn meets the minimum requirements, must have one of the gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude57 View Post
    Just verified on page 12 of the instllation manual, a systems check gauge or Evinrude digital gauge is required and if a failure occurs related to the systems monitored by the gauge it may not be covered. Doesn't sound like the Horn meets the minimum requirements, must have one of the gauges.
    so the RT188 setup from the factory with an Analog RPM gauge, Trim gauge and Speedo with a 115 ETEC is not compliant then?!

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When you turn up your key to the on position, just before cranking, do you hear 4 short beeps? Mine has 4 small red led lights on the tachometer and when I turn the key on there are 4 beeps, this is the system check. Does your engine not do this before start up?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    When you turn up your key to the on position, just before cranking, do you hear 4 short beeps? Mine has 4 small red led lights on the tachometer and when I turn the key on there are 4 beeps, this is the system check. Does your engine not do this before start up?
    I haven't bought the boat yet so I am not sure...I will check for that when I go look at it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12