another new boat manuf.

earl bentz investing 30 million in new plant in ashland city tn to build new fiberglass boats called caymus boats. found this info on line

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Mr. Bentz has built some fine boats in his time, and i am sure these will be some well built boats also.
    competition makes the bred stronger, and is always better for the consumer....

Earl has built some sorry boats too. Didn’t do me any favors. Never again!! Vexus lookin better all the time. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

4. Banned
    And if he's going into Ashland City, wouldn't you think he's going back into the old Triton facility? I'm sure he'll be looking for ex-Triton fiberglass workers too. Might even get some from Ebbtide down in Dickson to work for him.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    And if he's going into Ashland City, wouldn't you think he's going back into the old Triton facility? I'm sure he'll be looking for ex-Triton fiberglass workers too. Might even get some from Ebbtide down in Dickson to work for him.
    That area certainly has no shortage of past boat builders. Its seems to have always been a hotbed for it. Back to the Stratos / Hydra / Javelin days.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

I read not to long ago that earl was returning to Triton to bring back the racing speed...
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I sure hope the economy doesn't have a big hiccup around the time they are ready to introduce their new boat. Boats are highly cyclical.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by high 2 View Post
    Earl has built some sorry boats too. Didn’t do me any favors. Never again!! Vexus lookin better all the time. Larry
    Vexus looking better yes i agree. Personally met Earl bentz for 18 years on the marine industry working as dealership from the begginin. One of the most respectfull and honest guy in my life. Regarding the Triton Boats brand i hope you didnt get one of the last models and policy that BPS group is taking care of.

9. Member
    I’ll never own another Earl Bentz boat!

10. Member
    Id be interested to know what boats you had that were Earl boats that didn't work out

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    Id be interested to know what boats you had that were Earl boats that didn't work out
    The only one I did not like was my 1998 TR21, only because I had no idea how to drive it. Had 6 others that I loved.

12. Member
    Same with ferrari. I tested one and was horrible to drive. Jajajajaja
    The olds ones Triton were one of the best hulls to drive.

Those Tr20, Tr21 boats prior to the Tr20X and Tr21X were serious chine walkers, but damn were they fast!!! You had to know how to drive to get the most out of them.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team