Thread: Info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Info

Maybe relocating to the Rogers/Beaver lake area...could use some info on good locations (close or on the lake), locations to stay away from, real estate agent/company to contact, or if you should know of a good deal on a house in the 2500+ SF range with room to build a work shed/garage would be interested...how bad are property and state income taxes..any general info would be helpful..thanks..one other thing, how is fishing on Beaver?

2. Member
    Small world. We live in Falcon, used to live in Mineola, possibly moving to Rogers. We spent a week out there a month ago and liked what we saw, even caught a few bass from shore.

3. Banned
    We are tying up some loose ends and planning on making a trip that direction in the next week or so..did you find any area that seemed to be the better choice or is it all pretty much the same for launch facilities, shopping etc...we also live in Falcon, just put CS as nobody really recognizes Falcon...

4. Member
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of communication/information here. I posted looking for info on Bull Shoals/Lakeview, Arkansas area and received no responses. I'm guessing we are like you guys and just plan on a few trips down there and scout around on our own. We are looking at a weekend place and then retire there. What I have seen and heard about Beaver is that the real estate is pretty cashy. It's close to Bentonville and the WalMart folks have driven up the prices. Good luck to you guys.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

5. Member
    We camped at Prairie Creek State park and we liked the neighborhoods around there and south of hwy 12 and East of the bridge. We also spent some time in Bella Vista which seemed to be a pretty cool area but want to be closer to a bigger lake. We also spent several days in Mountain Home, AR which would be my preference, but to small of a town for the wife. We are considering going back in a couple weeks, but Arizona is calling and we may head there. We will be going back in July just to make sure we can stand to live in a humid bug infested place again.

6. Member
    We hit both BS and Lakeview pretty hard, camped at White River SP if that is your thing. Cool neighborhood below the Dam at BS, best of both worlds, river and lake. Check out East of Mountain Home over on Norfork lake, some pretty cool areas over there also.

7. Banned
    Been to Mountain Home a few times and like the area and Norfork lake...that would be one of our choices, Beaver is a more central location for us and plenty of water in Ar, Ok and Mo..Have been looking on line and the Prairie creek area seems to be a decent place to start...BS (been on it once and it seems to be an awesome lake)...wife seems to prefer the table rock area but I lean a bit more towards Rogers/Beaver...will know more in a week or two...

Norfork just doesn't have much for "on the water" type housing..

8. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Can't help with NW Arkansas, but you might check out Hot Springs close enough to Little Rock for the big town fix. Lots of homes on the two town lakes Hamilton and Catherine. If you want a gated community Hot Springs Village with lots of little lakes and golf courses. Just saying.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Property in NWA is pretty pricey because it’s growing like crazy. Lots of job opportunities and things to do but it can get pretty crowded. I’m about an hour south of Rogers so I can’t really help you with where to look. There is a lot of money up there so most areas are nice. Springdale is a dump and Fayetteville has some nice parts also. NWA is pretty similar to big city life. Down where I am is where the rednecks are.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Property in NWA is pretty pricey because it’s growing like crazy. Lots of job opportunities and things to do but it can get pretty crowded. I’m about an hour south of Rogers so I can’t really help you with where to look. There is a lot of money up there so most areas are nice. Springdale is a dump and Fayetteville has some nice parts also. NWA is pretty similar to big city life. Down where I am is where the rednecks are.
    You ain’t seen rednecks til you come visit my neck of the woods. lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    , Bull Shoals or Lakeview is where we are interested in looking. Any suggestions?

12. Member
    Ain't that the truth..

13. Member
    You just missed a sale on the house next door in Bull Shoals. Overlooking the dam, 5 minutes to BS lake, 3 minutes to White River. There are places here and in Lakeview for sale. Google realtors in Mt Home or visit their web sites.

14. Member
    Delete post.
    Last edited by BrownTrout; 12-03-2018 at 04:02 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Ain't that the truth..
    Bubba and Buford from Lakeview

16. Member
    I'm in Fayetteville and I really don't know Beaver all that great but the obvious stuff is that the closer to Rogers you are, the more expensive the land will be and vice versa. Usually, the further north (closest to the dam) you are, the clearer the water as well. Cost of living in NWA is high for Arkansas but probably pretty average or even below average if comparing nationally (much cheaper than Colorado Springs). PM me if you'd like a name of a realtor up there. A friend of mine is a realtor and if she can't help then she could get you to someone that knows that area better and can steer you in the right direction.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    I'm in Fayetteville and I really don't know Beaver all that great but the obvious stuff is that the closer to Rogers you are, the more expensive the land will be and vice versa. Usually, the further north (closest to the dam) you are, the clearer the water as well. Cost of living in NWA is high for Arkansas but probably pretty average or even below average if comparing nationally (much cheaper than Colorado Springs). PM me if you'd like a name of a realtor up there. A friend of mine is a realtor and if she can't help then she could get you to someone that knows that area better and can steer you in the right direction.
    Thanks, wife has been talking to a realtor that she met on line, we are going to be there next week, if she doesn't work out will certainly give you a buzz...

I make my way up to your neck of the woods once or twice a year. I see some rednecks up there for sure. Beautiful country though. I’ve been wanting to drive up for some trout fishing.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I make my way up to your neck of the woods once or twice a year. I see some rednecks up there for sure. Beautiful country though. I’ve been wanting to drive up for some trout fishing.
    Daughter and friend came up to visit from MS a few weeks ago. We fished the White River a couple times. Water was well up which made finding places to wade difficult but we found a few spots and caught a bunch of rainbows and a few cutthroat. No browns or brooks though.

20. Member
    Bubba and Buford from Lakeview
    I work with those guys . We are just in the planning stages and about 2 1/2 yrs away from retiring. We will start looking hard in a year or so. Also planning some weekend trips down to nose around a little. Also, is there anybody that lives or has info around Greers Ferry (Heber Springs, Fairfield Bay)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast