Thread: Info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Moved from Tennessee to Bella Vista three years ago, love it. Within a one hour drive there are 14 lakes to choose from, seven POA lakes in Bella Vista. A 12+ pounder caught in one of the POA lakes this year. Bella Vista property tends to be a little less than the Rogers/Bentonville area.

2. Member
    Grew up and lived there my entire life until very recently. Great place to live if fishing and outdoors is your passion! Beaver can be good and tough but you are an easy drive from some awesome fishing. Table Rock, Bull Shoals, Dardanelle, Tenkiller (monster Smallmouth), Norfork, etc... Great schools, neighbors and quality of life. Will go back when it’s time to enjoy retirement!

Call Fred Johnson with Lyndsey and Associates. Best in the business and a genuine good Man!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Thanks, wife has been talking to a realtor that she met on line, we are going to be there next week, if she doesn't work out will certainly give you a buzz...
    I live in Bella Vista myself, I like it here, but there are times I think I may pick up move to Mountain Home. Traffic is getting to be bad, it's not as bad as some of the big cities I have lived in, but it's a factor.

Cost of living is still pretty reasonable, we are close to good medical facilities which is something to consider when you retire. As others have mentioned there's a lot of fishing opportunity, but also a lot of other fishermen. Beaver can be tough, but you can catch fish there, and there's stripers if that's your thing.

4. Banned
    Spent a few days checking out the area, hard to find what we are looking for. Lot of the properties are on pretty steep hillsides making it tough parking/driving for truck with boat and to get up and down to a lift. Roads and/or traffic would be a problem to trailer consistently...Seems that WM has the area pretty locked up, lot of neighbor hood WM's around, did see one Harps near hwy 12.. found a couple possibilities though..make sure (for anyone looking) you actually look at the properties, the pictures posted on for sale sites do not always match up when you physically check them out. Great looking lake and overall nice area. We traveled to east Oklahoma next and it seems to match up with us better, lots of water and more rural, however, wife wasn't to happy with the mess the recent tornado did to the area and the wiped out marina. Tons of deer around, Beaver, so be careful driving around. We ended up staying in Eureka Springs, it is quite a drive to the west side of the lake and looks like the summers would be really crowded on everything on the east/dam area of the lake. We seem to think the "south" end, somewhere around hwy 12 is the best option overall. Still looking and will probably make another trip that direction after the new year..

5. Member
    Any updates from anyone? Found property, moves, good locations, etc?
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12